The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Question about new Germanium Compressor
Old 17th November 2007
Gear Addict

Question about new Germanium Compressor

Just got 2 of these bad boys. Hooked them up this morning and they sound wonderful. I have a question. When I connect them to my buss out snake like I have several of my other comps connected - my VariMu, Tubetech LCA2b, etc ... the bypass doesn't work on the Germ. When I swtch it "Out" no sound at all comes thru the compressor. "In" is okay - you hear the compressed audio. This only happens when I connect it to this buss snake coming from my console and the bypass switch on all my other comps connected to that same snake work as they should. I even switched busses and no matter what, when I'm connected in any way to that snake the Germ's bypass in the "out" position mutes the audio. One more thing - the Germ bypass switch works correctly when I go from my Chandler LTD-1 into the Germ Comp and plugged into a line input on my console. What's up?
Old 2nd June 2018
Gear Nut
Ho there. Ever resolve this?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search