The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Anyone Know Gear Broker Greg D'Angelo?
Old 7th November 2007
Lives for gear

Anyone Know Gear Broker Greg D'Angelo?

Any dealings with this guy in the LA area?
Old 7th November 2007
High End Moderator

I know a Greg D'Angelo as the original drummer in White Lion. If this is the same person, he is a great guy. Didn't know he was dealing in gear nowadays.
Old 7th November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwagener View Post
I know a Greg D'Angelo as the original drummer in White Lion. If this is the same person, he is a great guy. Didn't know he was dealing in gear nowadays.
ha...i was wondering the same thing....what a great drummer....his solo on the remake of radar love was classic !!

michael...did you produce that record ? it was one of my favorites !!

best,

jchristopherhughes
Old 7th November 2007
Lives for gear

Yeah, the only Greg D'Angelo that I know of is the White Lion drummer....who I went to high school with.
Old 7th November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:

the Greg D'Angelo I remember was the orignal drummer in Anthrax.... before WL
Greg is a monster player. Love his work with Zack Wylde
Old 7th November 2007
Gear Maniac

Greg (the same guy who played in Anthrax and White Lion) used to have a great home studio in the Valley called Jake's Place (I was there about 7 years ago?) with alot of great gear, so its probably the same guy. Great guy.
Old 7th November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by allencollins View Post
the Greg D'Angelo I remember was the orignal drummer in Anthrax.... before WL
Greg is a monster player. Love his work with Zack Wylde
ahhh...yes....thats right.

did greg play on the pride and glory record that zack put out in the early 90's ?

i saw white lion a few times back in the day...greg was kickin butt !!! giant white ludwig kit !!!
Old 7th November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes it is the same guy (and I'm willing to look past the whol White Lion thing LOL!). Anyone done business with him?
Old 8th November 2007
High End Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixman499 View Post
ha...i was wondering the same thing....what a great drummer....his solo on the remake of radar love was classic !!

michael...did you produce that record ? it was one of my favorites !!

best,

jchristopherhughes
Yes, I did. It was "Big Game", we did "Pride" before that one.
Old 8th November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes, I did. It was "Big Game", we did "Pride" before that one.
i pulled "big game" out tonite....what great tones. really nice work on that michael. i realized today that 90% of the music i absolutely loved in high school was mixed and produced by you !!!

its fun to go back and listen to that stuff now...

i can vividly remember the video for "radar love"...which was one of my favorite songs when i was kid (the original golden earing version..) that drum solo was great !!

where are you greg d'angelo ??!?!?!
Old 9th November 2007
Lives for gear

Vita bratta was really amazing. He was a disciple of eddie but was more polished
How that was possible I have no idea but he pulled it off. Great creative player
Old 9th November 2007
Lives for gear

Yeah, that's Greg - I bought LA4's off of him a few years back. I picked them up at his studio in the valley. Great guy!
Old 10th November 2007
Lives for gear

Anyone else?
Old 20th December 2007
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mixman499 View Post
ahhh...yes....thats right.

did greg play on the pride and glory record that zack put out in the early 90's ?

i saw white lion a few times back in the day...greg was kickin butt !!! giant white ludwig kit !!!
Actually, Greg didn't play on the Pride & Glory album. He was a member of the band when they were going by the moniker "Lynyrd Skynhead," along with James Lomenzo, also formerly of White Lion...but before they recorded the album, he was replaced with a drummer named Brian Tichy (whom I prefer to Greg's playing - though no disrespect to Greg whatsoever), who now plays with Billy Idol, I believe.
Old 20th December 2007
Lives for gear

right !!

brian is a pretty underated dude !! gotta give him props...killer player.

i saw him last year with velvet revolver...subbing for matt sorum...really great player...nice guy !!

i think brian also played on the sass jordan record "rats"....some killer drumming on that as well.

thanks for clearing that up. props to both greg and brian...great drummers !!

best,

jchristopherhughes
Old 26th January 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Folkson View Post
Yeah, the only Greg D'Angelo that I know of is the White Lion drummer....who I went to high school with.
Did you also go to high school with a guy Named Peter Murphy or know Peter Murphy?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search