The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Let's slag off some GEAR!!!! Condenser Microphones
Old 20th July 2005
Lives for gear

Any audio gear with a fan inside sucks
Any audio gear that buzzes acousticaly sucks
Recording, mixing, and mastering an album in 2 days sucks
Constantly upgrading O/s / plugins / sequencers sucks
RFI sucks
Virtual analogue sucks
Piezo acoustic guitar pickups suck
Steel strung acoustic guitars being played with thin plectrums sucks
Deciding what gear to buy sucks
All pro audio dealers suck
eBay sucks
Taking 7 months to release an EP sucks
Mackie and Genlec monitors suck
Anything 'industry standard' sucks
Vinyl slowly dieing sucks
Final scratch sucks
The music industry sucks
Live music sucks
Wiring sucks
Old 20th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Hz
All pro audio dealers suck
Very much indeed, together with bigger part of manufacturers, their service centers and advertising campaigns.
Korby's sale department sucks really great.
Old 20th July 2005
Lives for gear

The bedroom in my house that I have to mix in sucks.
Old 20th July 2005
Lives for gear

I have never heard an accoustic guitar pickup worthy of being recorded.
Old 21st July 2005
Lives for gear

After reading this tread, I guess we can say the World sucks and leave it at that.
Old 23rd July 2005
Lives for gear

propellerhead Reason sucks (unless you're 10 years old, then its cool)

Grown ass men who think Reason's "mastering" section is a breakthrough suck really bad

Anyone who thinks they might actually use 98% of ass crap plug ins that come with most DAW's and still do because they really feel like free candy and toys don't even know that they don't know how bad they suck

I suck big time for getting mic feedback through my 7070 sub so often, but every time still think to myself "is that a train, earthquake or terrorist?" and by the time my neurons actually connect and recoginze for the 800th time the structural integrity of my building is nearly compromised

Rappers suck that start the intro of every song with: uhhh, yeeahh, check it, uhhh, mike check 1-2, this goes out to.... yeeeah, what, uhhh, word, check it

Anyone who tries to write a song with the goal of making a remedial world famous dance should be shot dead twice, so obviously they suck

Unsigned artists who record the most wack job song with a performance so bad you feel sorry for them and then condescendingly say they'll throw you some crumbs when they blow up big time next month with their anticipated 1.4 million dollar advance suck

that song "uh oh" by Lumidee sucks poopy monkey butt so bad i might commit suicide if i ever hear it again, and this will serve as my goodbye note

Avalon and Neumann suck because every fake bling gucci wearin' pretendin' that they pop the cristal like its water ****** ass face artist will only book your studio if you do

Anybody who wants to know if a person is "somebody" sucks....wtf??

Anybody whose sole goal in life is to be famous sucks

European club music sucks sooooo bad i'm ready to quantize the damn continent.

People who buy rims that cost more than the cars they're on suck

Loud ass child crack ice cream trucks when i'm sleeping that make me wake up with a goddamned two year-old song in my head all day suck

Anyone with a siren on their vehicle who uses it to get to coffee break faster sucks big time

rotten ass smelly garbage sitting on the street in NY at 95 degrees that makes you think "there must be a body in there" sucks

obligitory guilt-laden fake corporate hallmark holidays suck

sitting down and really having to take a sh*t but can't get anything out meanwhile the presure is on because people are waiting for you sucks big time

i mean, i'm just sayin....

thumbsup
Old 23rd July 2005
dude, you're ok?

heh
Old 23rd July 2005
Gear Nut

Obviously not ok. Quite funny though.
Old 23rd July 2005
can't help to COMPLETELY agree with lordmiquel on every single one of his points
a friend asked me what I didn't like about that song (he saw me turn voilently agressive suddenly).... "because," he continued: "it IS a clever song"
sorta reminds me of Aliens, when the infected crewmates beg Ripley to kill them.. that feeling

lalala uh-oooooh lalalala uh-ooooooh
laalallalala

PENG
bonk
Old 23rd July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil
dude, you're ok?

heh
feeling much better now
Old 23rd July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil

lalala uh-oooooh lalalala uh-ooooooh
laalallalala
heh
Old 23rd July 2005
Lives for gear

PC sucks badly on 192 kHz
Old 23rd July 2005
Gear Maniac

Congratulations lordmiguel, your words have just been immortalised... at least until I change my sig...
Old 23rd July 2005
Gear Nut

Might as well just get this outa the way here and now. Ahem . . . .

Everything everywhere and at any given point in the known and unknown time space continuum has, or will, suck at some point in it's existence in the known or unknown universe. Said suckage will occur whether or not any sentient or non sentient beings are present to witness the suckage or have the sentience to recognize it.

Furthermore (deep breath now...),

The fact that I continue to waste away in the confines of a Corporate Cubicle Farm in order to pay for my gear addiction instead of being independently and spectactularly wealthy is conclusive evidence that the universe (known and unknown) not only chews unkempt butt hairs, but also indiscriminantly sucks hard on a rather large and untidy winking brown star.

Normal suckage resumes.
Old 24th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeetch
Might as well just get this outa the way here and now. Ahem . . . .

Everything everywhere and at any given point in the known and unknown time space continuum has, or will, suck at some point in it's existence in the known or unknown universe. Said suckage will occur whether or not any sentient or non sentient beings are present to witness the suckage or have the sentience to recognize it.
If you were referring to the eventual contraction of the universe, this has been cleared maybe 3 years or so ago.
The calculative results have been that the expansion will not reverse.

But who knows, maybe our small galaxy meets a black hole one time and that could suck too.

... At least for the rocks that we might have left over from former earth looooong before.

Ruphus
Old 24th July 2005
Gear Nut

Well, i wasn't really referring to the speculation that the Big Bang would eventually result in a Big Crunch. Still, I guess that too would basically suck as everything everywhere would come crashing in on itself and all the gear I really want right now would all be destroyed.

As for gear, I guess any gear I can't currently afford sucks - or rather, the situation sucks as I'm sure the gear itself would be lovely. I guess there is one mic I have that pretty much sucks at most things. It's an MXL V57M. MF was blowing them out at 49 bucks once and I figured ah what the hell. Everything about it screams 'B-stock' and 'turd.' Still, I cant' quite bring myself to part with it since it's occassionally useful for a real trashy sound.
Old 24th July 2005
Quote:
Well, i wasn't really referring to the speculation that the Big Bang would eventually result in a Big Crunch. Still, I guess that too would basically suck
ppfffff
Hardcore heh
why not call it "The Big Suck"?
Old 24th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
The fact that I continue to waste away in the confines of a Corporate Cubicle Farm in order to pay for my gear addiction instead of being independently and spectactularly wealthy is conclusive evidence that the universe (known and unknown) not only chews unkempt butt hairs, but also indiscriminantly sucks hard on a rather large and untidy winking brown star.
congratulations, acceptance is the first step to healthy living. though hanging out here is like doing rehab in a bar...does that support your time suckage continuuum theory?
Old 24th July 2005
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmiguel
congratulations, acceptance is the first step to healthy living. though hanging out here is like doing rehab in a bar...does that support your time suckage continuuum theory?
Oh no, not at all. Hanging out here is therapy. It shows me that I'm not the only one spending gobs of not-so-disposable cash on lights, knobs, switches and the like.
Old 24th July 2005
Lives for gear

Quote:
I guess there is one mic I have that pretty much sucks at most things. It's an MXL V57M. MF was blowing them out at 49 bucks once and I figured ah what the hell. Everything about it screams 'B-stock' and 'turd.' Still, I cant' quite bring myself to part with it since it's occassionally useful for a real trashy sound.

A good idea might be MCA SP-1's. Musician's Friend is selling them for 60 dollars. ( They were even just $39 not too long ago.)

Quote:
They use a 3/4" diaphram that has a flat midrange response and uses the Schoeps style circuit. They are smoother than the center screw capsules which have that mid lift. With a little fixing up,
they ought to sound first rate, from what I heard about them.

If I recall that right Jim William´s rate for this mod would be 125 $ per mic.

I think he was also planning an upgrade on Marshall mics.

That should likely give you unique price / class relation.
Havn´t made use of the option myself yet, but shall still.
( My good mics so far are Phantom C, U195 ... and SM57 naturally ).

Ruphus

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search