The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Let's slag off some GEAR!!!! Condenser Microphones
Old 21st November 2002
Save the bales!

Old 21st November 2002
Gear Maniac

Well.....dfegad
Old 21st November 2002
Lives for gear

A peice of my soul died when I saw that pic.
Old 21st November 2002
Jr. Gear Slut 2nd class

99.9% of any audio product that uses "PRO" in its name isn't and sucks.

Chris
Old 21st November 2002
All harware samplers suck IMHO.
I have had 3 and I think I switched each one on once.... Then sold em.

I have the midas touch in reverse with samplers! I lose money even thinking about em.......

Nightmare!

F**k em!

l use Sound Replacer or a soft synth instead.. I don't program sh!t.
Old 21st November 2002
Gear Head

Exactly, Jules just nailed that one

We cut up all audio, after transferring it from midi(Drums and rytmically things) and place them one by one on the grid by hand. It is hard work but it sounds tight and musical. Midi is so slow, I hope PT midi timestamping will do the trick.

The old dfegad midi protocol.
Old 21st November 2002
Lives for gear

Ummm, my new vacuum cleaner sucks...

Sync'ing a Yamahahaha EX5 (client's) yesterday sucked. Couldn't even use it as an expensive sound module. "Midi Data Error." Client thought it was something on my end, I was tearing up the studio trying to figure it out.

We called Yamahahaha and they are sending a new eprom. The bastards.
Old 21st November 2002
Lives for gear

it all sucks

fake **** sucks. plug-ins suck, modelling amps suck, auto-anything sucks, samples suck.

(what the **** is so hard about plugging a mic into an amp and hanging a mic in front of it? )

guitars with 7 strings and bass guitars with 5 or more strings suck. big, complicated drum sets suck.

anyone who overplays sucks (hint for drummers: count to 4, stop, repeat. congratulations, you don't suck)

engineers who waste time with software trying to fix something that should have never made it on tape suck. put the time and effort into mic selection, placement and helfping the band come up with good arrangements that they are capable of playing well

non-modular consoles suck. non modular expensive consoles suck hugely

mouse mixing sucks so bad it's funny listening to anyone try to defend it.

the lack of very simple, uncomplicated, sturdily built and decent sound gear sucks. You shouldn't have to spend 2 or 3 grand for good outboard gear unless you want to.

small knobs suck; who are they designing this child size gear for?

bitching about **** sucks.....

steve
[email protected]
Old 21st November 2002
Lives for gear

DAMN! Ur attitude is almost as bad as mine!! I agree with you.

I will add this regarding basses and drums . . . . . . . 5 string, and more, basses (especially those with trendy burled wood and trendy names) do suck the BIG ONE . . . . as well as basses with active electronics!

Except for Stingrays!

Drum kits with over 2 toms bites elephant ass (It pisses me off that I have to buy 4 toms for my new studio kit so people won't whine) and kits with more then 3 cymbals chew Jerry Lee Lewis butt.

Damn GOOD attitude!!

People that act tough when they are really, whiney pusses that can't get by in life without moaning and groaning, so they make everyone around them miserable suck too! People that want to run as opposed to facing their own **** suck too!
Old 22nd November 2002
Lives for gear

Re: it all sucks

Quote:
Originally posted by hollywood_steve

anyone who overplays sucks (hint for drummers: count to 4, stop, repeat. congratulations, you don't suck)

grggt grggt LOL!

"Except for Stingrays!"

Knox, I'm glad you added that line, otherwise you would have sucked.
heh
Old 22nd November 2002
Lives for gear

SO...is jazz when drummers can count to four??

jeez for a while there this was entertaining and then it drifted off into the 'nicy nicys' abot 'ooo like they sound so really cool and what do you think of this and.....

suck...
all gear i'll never be able to afford SUCKS

drummers should only be allowed...BY LAW...to count to two....

you drummers out there who NEED more than three things to hit and more than two to hide behind suck....

leo fender never sucked until the 70's...........
Old 22nd November 2002
Lives for gear

Drummers with two of a simalar thing
Two floor toms
Two Chinas ??!???
Two snares???!!??
Two Hi hats

Also double kick pedals, used by people with no timing in one foot let alone two.

Sorry this is the setup from the weekend, where the drummer was more interested in what he hit then timing.
Old 22nd November 2002
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by davemc
Two floor toms
Two Chinas ??!???
Two snares???!!??
Two Hi hats

Also double kick pedals, used by people with no timing in one foot let alone two.

Sorry this is the setup from the weekend, where the drummer was more interested in what he hit then timing.
I swear that I recorded that guy last week, on an R&B session... WTF?
Old 22nd November 2002
Lives for gear

Re: Re: it all sucks

Quote:
Originally posted by David R.

Originally posted by hollywood_steve

it is even better if they DONT stop between 4 and 1....
Old 22nd November 2002
Lives for gear

Rehersing a piece for a soundtrack the other night. The piece is in seven, the drummer keeps counting 1 2 3 4 in. Half the ensemble would start, the other half would wait for him to count to seven.

He is a great drummer, but for that, he sucked.

Vaporware SUCKS! Yea, it will be out as soon as this chip is released, should be a few months. A year later, still waiting. Well, we have this other model with a higher noise floor if you really want our product...

tut
Old 23rd November 2002
Lives for gear

Re: Re: Re: it all sucks

Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Smith

it is even better if they DONT stop between 4 and 1....
he he that was my old drummer he sat so far to the left (chest pointing at the hats), when he did go to the floor tom, he would have a litle break (moving his body around again) before he could move back to a beat...
Old 24th November 2002
Jax
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally posted by davemc
Two floor toms
Two Chinas ??!???
Two snares???!!??
Two Hi hats

Not understanding why a drummer would want to have more than one of the same instrument setup sucks. Worse yet, a drummer who overuses that setup sucks, especially if they overplay! IOW, octopus drumming is bull**** 85% of the time. That sucks. lol

Double kick pedals are no different than having two bass drums (sonic issues aside, which are pretty insignificant IMO). It's all about what the drummer does with it.

Making broad, general statements about drummers sucks. Drummers who suck related to those broad, general statements suck broadly, with girth and not vic firth!

lol this is fun
Old 24th November 2002
Mindreader

If I didn't get a prize for the (potentially) longest thread EVER in Gearlsutz then that would suck.

But then again, so do the lot of ya, so I'm not expecting any more replies.

Suckaz.
Old 24th November 2002
Lives for gear

OK, y'all, back to the topic...

SACD sucks, fa real.

DSD mastering engineers are sheisters, and they suck by default.

96K sampling rates suck. Peeps who use 96K are suckers.

Prima donna engineers suck. I won't mention any names, but his initials are Mixerman.

Most if not all recording studios suck, and will soon be replaced by home-recording Svengalis such as Your's Truly.

Most studio engineers suck. The ones who don't, they know who they are. The ones who do were instantly insulted by that statement.

Mastering engineers suck by default: it's not their fault, because the whole concept of mastering engineering sucks.

Magnetic tape of any kind sucks, but I don't blame peeps who use it for that.

Radio compression REALLY sucks. We already compress our sh!t, so WTF??!!!

The imposed fragmentation of radio markets really sucks. At least the ****s and the Soviets were up-front about censorship.

A&R peeps suck the split-ends of my gonad hairs.

Marketing committees who impose their ill-concieved marketing research on art as if it were gospel, suck.

Independent promoters suck.

Entertainment attorneys...well, I don't want to offend mine, so I'll hold off on that note, but you get the picture.
Old 24th November 2002
Gear Maniac

WFT! Curve Dominant,
What does´nt suck????! yuktyy
Old 24th November 2002
Lives for gear

Quote:
posted by Neve Sucks!:
WFT! Curve Dominant,
What does´nt suck????!
Neve doesn't totally suck....

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Old 24th November 2002
Gear Maniac

This entire thread has been discovered to be the causation of the newest black hole in our galaxy - scientists have been perplexed for the past few weeks about the intense vortex created by this thread.

MY DMXR100's inability to address 48 channels of AES/EBU gets my vote - especially since the console is cool in most other ways.

Oh, except for the "change sample frequency/ reboot console" which is like a 3 month old kid on a tit.

NYC Drew
Old 25th November 2002
Lives for gear

The DMX only have 2 auxes at 96 K sucks as well ( but I am not using 96, so I am still loving it :P)

apparently reality sucks, and so the Curve has devoloped his own alternate reality in the multiverse...

Good to see you here Eric
Old 6th December 2002
Mindreader

I've just come back from my trip to New York and Los Angeles

and the fact that I'm back in dreary London

TOTALLY SUCKS!!!

and, all the stuff I wanted was A THIRD CHEAPER over there

so, even if I sold everything on the second hand market here, I could still buy it all over again in the US and THEN SOME

THAT SUCKS!

Only one thing doesn't suck

and that is, I have suceeded in creating the black hole of all threads. Whoopee!
Old 19th January 2003
Mindreader

The fact that I have to wait until mid February for Logic 6 sucks
Old 20th January 2003
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Smith
I swear that I recorded that guy last week, on an R&B session... WTF?
Jeez this guy must be a truck driver, I recorded him this weekend up here in Mainegrggt
daniel
Old 20th January 2003
Here for the gear

Gearsucks.
Old 21st January 2003
Lives for gear

Blasphemy...
Old 21st January 2003
I'm going to my room, let me know when that horrible person has gone!

Old 21st January 2003
Lives for gear

In a I HATE EVERYTHING world that would be a funny comment...ON HERE, however, only SOME gear sucks, and the gear that doesnt can only be purchased by small countries with only nominal nuclear capabilites....and i'm sure, at this moment, some of those countries hve you on their list...in their sights...etc etc .....why you've even offended our esteemed gear slutius maximus hisself which is hard to do being hes an englishman and has gentlemanly and scholarly ways...not to mentioned a damned fine haircut......tut tut tut

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search