The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
What's a good used price for Manley stereo Pultec?
Old 12th November 2002
no ssl yet 
What's a good used price for Manley stereo Pultec?

Ok Fellows I know this may not be the best place but in the buy and sell I dont think buyers will give me an honest number. :eek: What should I sell my manley for? It's the stereo 2ru Limited edition
Old 12th November 2002
Gear Maniac

I might be interrested in buying it.
Retail price is $3300, so maybe $1650??

/Lemme know

Why sell it btw?
Old 13th November 2002
Lives for gear

Spend ya money on sumthing else!!!!!! they blow harder than a $2 hoe!!!!fuuck fuuck dfegad

I had a matched pair of mastering pultecs with the 'Expensive' pots.. and they came undone, were a bitch to put back right and didnt really give me a HUGE woody like a real one does. They were a lil bit too polite and boring like a the Variable MU for me.. and the did not have that MEGA bass thang like a REAL one does..

YMMV but this is what i found with mine.. I sold it too....for the $$ you could seriously either get something that works well.... MASSIVE PASSIVE or a plethora of other things...

PEACE
Wiggy
Old 14th November 2002

Yo lil' Wiggy,

Just for your info, most of those Mastering Pultecs are usually ordered by mastering guys who generally desire less color on purpose so they are ordered completely transformerless and with hard wire bypasses. I don't know which serial numbers you had cuz i don't have any records of any Mastering Pultecs going to Oz so I dunno... but anyway, that might have been what you were hearing it the ones you had being too polite for ya. No iron.

As for the "pots" coming undone, well, they are Grayhill switches and those things really never break, so did you mean to say some knobs came off and you only had metric allen keys handy? Sorry bout that. They have two 1/16th inch hex set screws holding them...
Old 14th November 2002
Gear Head

I don't mean to be bitchy , but as a long time lurker on 3 different forums I have seen many a post from the wiggy neve slut/freak... ( I am right aren't I?) and i have to say that it seems he has had only a little engineering experience , but heard a lot of opinions , some right , some wrong.

My point , like anywhere else on the internet , don't always believe what you read. Wiggy sounds like a lovely chap and an enterprising young business man by all accounts ,( did you sell any sheps to steggle?)

Oh , and one more thing..stop talking like Ali G..please

PS sorry that this has nothing to do with the original post topic
Old 14th November 2002
Lives for gear

So you see...MANLEY stuff holds its value
Old 14th November 2002
Quote:
Originally posted by Wiggy Neve Slut
Spend ya money on sumthing else!!!!!! they blow harder than a $2 hoe!!!!fuuck fuuck dfegad

I had a matched pair of mastering pultecs with the 'Expensive' pots.. and they came undone, were a bitch to put back right and didnt really give me a HUGE woody like a real one does. They were a lil bit too polite and boring like a the Variable MU for me.. and the did not have that MEGA bass thang like a REAL one does..

YMMV but this is what i found with mine.. I sold it too....for the $$ you could seriously either get something that works well.... MASSIVE PASSIVE or a plethora of other things...

PEACE
Wiggy

The Manley Pultecs actually work well on Kick and snare, better than the Massive Passive in my opinion. The Massive works better on Vocals. For bass they both work ok(not great sometimes). Neither sounds like true Pultecs, but sometimes that is a good thing for the right situation.
Old 15th November 2002
Lives for gear

Ho-Hum...

Each to their own!

PEACE
Wiggy

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search