The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Tone Deaf Sucess Stories
Old 11th November 2002
Gear Head

Tone Deaf Sucess Stories

OK so here is my testament to what a bag of ****ing **** I am. So this girl who I totally wanna get on has a brother in recording school. Ok yeah well forgive him for that for the moment. So he is convinced he is tone deaf. and kinda got depressed cause I was talking about how its much more important to get great performances that re in pitch then eqing the guitar right. So I got him all depressed. So does anyone either A. Know any sucess stories of getting over tone deafness B.any famous producer who is admittedly tone deaf(Not stories like"**** I worked with Joe Blostein and his pitch was worce then Anthony Keidis"). Any assitance in getting me laid is greatly apreciated.
Old 11th November 2002
member no 666

Or you can tell him that it's all a matter of 'ear training' which will come to him over time with practice and concentration [it will]... he should also study music, listen to a lot of really well done music and dissect it... and generally train himself to hear the differnces. This is called "listening", which is a hell of a lot more intense than just regular 'hearing'... BTW, there are no short cuts, it takes time, effort, energy and application to achieve.
Old 12th November 2002
Lives for gear

Euh ... Cannon .... did you test his 'tone deafness' ??? can he recognise anything at all .... like can he at least hear one tone is lower or higher then the other ..... maybe start by playing them at least 1 octave apart.

Hate to say it but in some cases it is better for people to realise that they are getting in the wrong kind of business for their own good. If it realy is a problem he might be better off doing something else.

as for the getting laid part .... if explained well enough his sister might apreciate that even more then leading him on ....
Old 13th November 2002
Gear Head

I dunno I am gonna take my fathers best advice he gave to me he said when it coems to the bitches"Tell em what they want to hear". This would also attribute to why my parents never fight and have been married for 30 something years.
Old 14th November 2002
One with big hooves

I dunno. Honesty usually works for me unless it was a short term thing. I pretend to listen because I care.
yuktyy
Old 14th November 2002
Lives for gear

At least "some" of the musicians I had to record over the years must have been tone deaf...
That did not prevent them from getting signed by majors! heh

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search