The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
What is a Good Mono Eq Unit?
Old 11th November 2002
Gear Head

What is a Good Mono Eq Unit?

Hey, Im looking to get a solid channel of EQ that wont break the bank. Also, I want something that I can use on alot of channels in the mix. It also would help alot if I can show as much mercy on my bank account as possible, what do you think? Thanx for the help. lates

jc
Old 11th November 2002
One with big hooves

Get a Speck ASC. If you can't afford one or you need two channels look for an Orban. The 622B isn't too shabby. I have one of those and a pair of Specks. The total damage was under $1500 for 4 bands of usable EQ.
Old 11th November 2002
Lives for gear

NEVE...1073!!!! lol

Ok so u prolly cant afford one of them but if u got the HAM!$$$$$
seriously consider Jay's suggestion of a SPECK ASC or if u want a pre/eq look for a Daking pre/EQ (which is the balls! and makes this Neve Slut greedy for some!)
Chekit...

Also some of the 33114/5 broadcast Neve modules can be had for around $1250 plus racking... a VERY worthy investment!

PEACE
Wiggy
Old 11th November 2002
member no 666

Let me echo Jay's suggstion on the Speck ASC-T... an excellent unit at a damn affordable price.
Old 11th November 2002
Lives for gear

I have used a mono TC 1140 Para-Eq for years with great results. Bought mine used from a Bass player that retired and swore by it for his rig. I've got a lot better stuff I use these days so it doesn't get used much. I guess I should sell it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search