The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SSl Fx384 Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 27th April 2018
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce 225 View Post
Just curious to see if anyone out there has recommendations for "rehabbing" a G384?

Thanks
Hi, he's not in Nashville but David Kulka routinely services SSL and other vintage gear. PRO AUDIO REPAIR - Studio Electronics Hope this helps.
Old 27th April 2018
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by raal View Post
Hi, he's not in Nashville but David Kulka routinely services SSL and other vintage gear. PRO AUDIO REPAIR - Studio Electronics Hope this helps.
Thanks Raal! We are regular customers of David's. They do great work with reasonable turnaround times!

All the best,

Tim
Old 28th April 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Bucci View Post
My reliable source tells me the power supply you have with the 500 series affects how the compressor sounds. The X Rack Bus compressor which its proper power supply sounds a little better. Though the Waves SSl bus plug in, it's OK, however the UAD SSL bus comp is a step up with getting closer to the hardware.
Was just trying to help others having tried several in a short span... I no longer have the 500 series, might work for some, but not for me... I assume the newer X-Logic sound closer to the later FX384s than the ones with hefty VCAs (DBX or THAT)... Would never go the X-Logic route either... Though 3k for one box, that has one job, seems a little crazy. But it does sound good.

I'm sure UAD can't touch real gear either.

- Sean Ryder Williams
Old 26th January 2019
Quote:
Thanks Raal! We are regular customers of David's. They do great work with reasonable turnaround times!

All the best,

Tim
Hey Tim - Did you ever get yours fixed? and what was the issue?

Love my Grey Face with THAT 2002T Blue Bricks but I’ve been in troubleshooting hell for weeks...

If anyone has any thoughts, help, advice? Please....

Here is my GS post I’m Diagnosing SSL Compressor Issues - Please Advise (SSL, GSSL,etc. Rack Compressor)
Attached Thumbnails
SSl Fx384-bcb55213-47b4-4165-8429-a566f35d8b0e.jpg  
Old 27th January 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanRyder View Post
Hey Tim - Did you ever get yours fixed? and what was the issue?

Love my Grey Face with THAT 2002T Blue Bricks but I’ve been in troubleshooting hell for weeks...

If anyone has any thoughts, help, advice? Please....

Here is my GS post I’m Diagnosing SSL Compressor Issues - Please Advise (SSL, GSSL,etc. Rack Compressor)
Our SSL G384 is great for now! Since this thread is one of the few threads really dedicated to the G384, I thought it would be good to ask if anyone knew of someone who specializes in repairing them.

I saw your test voltage results in your other thread, I wish you success in finding the problem(s).

Best
Tim
Old 27th January 2019
Hey Tim - What was the issue with yours previously?
Old 27th January 2019
Lives for Jesus

Quote:
Our SSL G384 is great for now! Since this thread is one of the few threads really dedicated to the G384, I thought it would be good to ask if anyone knew of someone who specializes in repairing them.

I saw your test voltage results in your other thread, I wish you success in finding the problem(s).

Best
Tim
Have you contacted Bruce at the Desk Doctor ? I would try him or Jim Williams.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search