The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
ultimate Ebay fantasy object???
Old 9th November 2002
Lives for gear

ultimate Ebay fantasy object???

Here's somthing to spend the rest of your life searching for. Just re-reading a couple of pages out of the Beatles Recording Sessions book and I came to the section about their new Savile Row Apple studios. The infamous Magic Alex console "made out of bits of wood and an old oscillascope" actually did pass signal according to everyone's comments, just not very well. According to Geoff Emerick, it was sold off to an Edgeware Rd second hand electronics shop for 5 pounds.
I figure an easy six figure reserve on Ebay and thats before somebody gets the bright idea to cut it up into modules suitable for rack mounting!
You know this thing is sitting in some basement somewhere. Come to think of it, I did see something similar at a junk shop on the Portabello Rd back in the mid eighties........

steve
http://home.pacbell.net/sjp/

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search