The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
API A2D Audio Interfaces
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Head

API A2D

I need a high quality, versatile pre & hi quality converters, i'm thinking this is a good solution.
Opinions?
Alternatives?
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy blogs View Post
I need a high quality, versatile pre & hi quality converters, i'm thinking this is a good solution.
Opinions?
Alternatives?
I too am very interested in this unit--on my short list for my pre upgrade. It's one that I would REALLY love to bring home for a demo, though, so that I could ensure it plays nice with my Delta 1010 rig and so that I could do a thorough converter shoot out with the Delta. Would be easy enough to do--just compare the digital output of the API with the analog output converted by the Delta.

If I am not sold on the differences between the converters, I might be inclined to look other places with my pre upgrade budget.
Old 13th September 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddy blogs View Post
Opinions?
Alternatives?
Do a search , there's a lot information and opinions about this unit on the forum thumbsup.
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Addict

Sonic Circus let me audition mine. I'm sure Mercenary would let you audition one.
Tony Belmont ... -E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magpel View Post
I too am very interested in this unit--on my short list for my pre upgrade. It's one that I would REALLY love to bring home for a demo, though, so that I could ensure it plays nice with my Delta 1010 rig and so that I could do a thorough converter shoot out with the Delta. Would be easy enough to do--just compare the digital output of the API with the analog output converted by the Delta.

If I am not sold on the differences between the converters, I might be inclined to look other places with my pre upgrade budget.
Old 13th September 2007
There are tons of alternatives, but for a clean (non-tube) sound this unit is great. See me reply to your other post.
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

A most excellent piece. If I had to pick just one mic pre for an entire record...I'd take a stack of em.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search