The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How was the Sony auction in NYC? Recorders, Players & Tape Machines
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Addict

How was the Sony auction in NYC?

Hey all,

Anyone make it to the Sony auction? Seems like all the real good stuff were'nt available from the picture catalog. I was afraid to go and drop loads of $$$. I did not think there was a deal to be had there.

It would be nice to hear from people who went and their purchases or reactions.

Thanks

Another one bites the dust.
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

It's tough finding good deals at auctions these days. People are actually willing to pay higher than retail in some cases. It's crazy!
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexstringer View Post
This was from a few days ago. Now that its over, did I miss anything?
Old 13th September 2007
The big Item sold for bargain prices, like C300 brand new for 95K, or J9000 for 95K.
All other stuff sold in almost prime price, you probably can do better on eBay.
I got DBX FS900 w one 902 de-esser for $400 (finger was too fast on the online action screen) but by the time you done with tax and Bayer premium it is $492.00 not a bargain in my book. but hell, that's life.
Old 14th September 2007
Here for the gear

Sales prices

If you go to http://www.bidspotter.com/forms/archives.php you can see all the results from the auction. Unfortunately, you have to have an account with bidspotter to log on. If you do log on, share the info!!
Old 15th September 2007
Gear Addict

I logged on to see the archives, there were two studer A827 which sold for $4000 each and an ampex atr102 1/2" two track which sold for only $2600. I think these are very good prices, $10600 for a high end complete 48 tracks analog tracking and mixing set...
Old 15th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlenemo View Post
I logged on to see the archives, there were two studer A827 which sold for $4000 each and an ampex atr102 1/2" two track which sold for only $2600.
Those are indeed definitely good prices - but still, I got my MCI JH110B complete with both 1/4" & 1/2" headstacks for all of $375 a couple of years ago at the Europadisk auction. Granted that it's not as "sexy" as an ATR-102 - but the price differential does kind of give you an idea of how a higher profile auction can often mean higher end bids.

Best regards,
Steve Berson
Old 15th September 2007
Gear Nut

another audio auction - BBC equipment - late september

just in case you didn't get this thread... yet another audio auction - this time it's BBC gear...!!

Yes, there's another audio auction comming up in September for all you guys and gals in England!

GoIndustry: BBC Scotland - Sale 1

a total of 4 auctions, including an SSL console and other items... all stuff from the BBC. Some nice gear in the listings. Not worth it for overseas buyers though.... best if you're in England.

could be good, could be bad.... know what you're bidding on and what the market price is !!!

regards to all

Goreski

a reminder... check if there is a hefty 'buyer's fee" - this can often add 10%+ to your buy price... and don't get emotional, or think you just have to buy something... gear will always come to market if you wait...
Old 15th September 2007
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlenemo View Post
I logged on to see the archives, there were two studer A827 which sold for $4000 each and an ampex atr102 1/2" two track which sold for only $2600. I think these are very good prices, $10600 for a high end complete 48 tracks analog tracking and mixing set...
wow. good thing i wasn't there. woulda prolly bought an 827 and the ATR and then i'd have to figure out where to put them; sure wouldn't fit in my control room!
Old 16th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrox247 View Post
It's tough finding good deals at auctions these days. People are actually willing to pay higher than retail in some cases. It's crazy!
When I go to to sell my studio I'm calling these guys. When they can command prices that they get they are the only ones to get to sell you gear. stike

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search