The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Chain For Rock Gtrs/Bass? 500 Series Preamps
Old 12th September 2007
Here for the gear

New Chain For Rock Gtrs/Bass?

hey there,
im pretty new on this site. so hello! im from australia so due to geographical limitations we dont get to try out the huge range of gear you northern hemispherians do! very lucky!

so here goes my question (and yes i have read tonnes of previous posts)

ive got a couple of records coming up which are pretty rockin / heavy (think jimmy eat world-bleed american through to say killswitch engage)
now i free lance and am slowly building up my rig of pres/mics etc at my own little production/mixing space.
currently running couple of neve clones/UA pres - apogees - 002 in my space..
now this is all cool, but am thinking of focusing more on some cool gtr/bass signal chains..

my plan is (from reading and talking to some friends over there)
2 x api 512's
2 x tonelux eq4p
2 x distressors
1 x wunder audio peq-r (mostly bass di / vocals etc)
(will be using 57's/421's/sm7/u47 kinda mic action)

just because i havent had a chance to spend alot of time a/bing to other items talked about alot on here, would anybody like to chime in and tell me thats a good/bad selection? ie ive never heard the A-Designs P-1 which people rave about...
any info would be cool. particularily from people who tend to work with alot of heavier stuff. going for super fat+tight/rich/mid range gtrs etc etc..

cheers guys!
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

that's a pretty good looking bunch of gear. My only suggestion would be instead of 2 512's why not 1 and another pre (pre eq combo) for a different colour...it would give you more options...unless of couse you are prioriizing stereo pairs...or tom pres.

Nick

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search