The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
UA 2-610 vs Fearn VT-2 vs Groove Tubes SuPRE or Vipre Dual-Channel Preamps
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

UA 2-610 vs Fearn VT-2 vs Groove Tubes SuPRE or Vipre

Would love to hear some comparisons between these pres - thanks. I've heard the 2-610 but not the others - how do the others compare to the 2-610 in terms of color / character and overall sonic performance?

-UA 2-610

-Fearn VT-2

-Groove Tubes SuPRE or Vipre

Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

I can only vouch for the VIPRE. it is (IMHO) more versatile than the UA pre. The variable impedance is nice, and i LOVE being able to adjust the rise time. in addition to being great for mic'ing up vocals, guitar cabs, or whatever, it makes a sweet DI box. I combined a line 6 pod pro and the vipre together and it was absolutely 100% better sounding than the pod on its own. I was able to get a really fat, rich tone that blew me away. all in all, pretty versatile.
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

The Vipre is a brilliant piece of gear. I think the fact that it has Groove Tubes name on it (rather than a magic mojo name - ala Neve/API etc.) turns some people off for some reason . If the same box was made by Shadow Hills or Manley, more people would have a hard on for it.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search