The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
UAD nevana OR SSL Duende
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Head

UAD nevana OR SSL Duende

Hi Slutzes!

I already have a uad with almost of the plug-ins activated(neve excluded) and I want to buy another dsp to improve/increase the number of plug-ins available.
So I want to know what wolud you chose between them!

thank you!

Giacomo
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Sadly I cannot comment on Duende. But the UAD Neve bundle works wonders

I own it all from the 33609 - 88RS & Am really having fun working with them and the GUIs are so pretty

DowntownScience : Kickin Chemistry For The Block
DTS
Old 12th September 2007
Well, do you want more Neve flavour or more SSL flavour? They're pretty different-sounding animals.
Old 12th September 2007
Led
Lives for gear

It depends.....if you buy another uad card you'll only be able to run 4 1073's, but on Duende you can run 32 (?) intances. Then again for the price of a Duende you could get another 3 UAD project packs maybe.
Do you want a specific sounding hero plugin or a bunch of workhorse ones? Do you want to expand your pallet, or increase the number of plugin instances you can use you exisiting plugz with? I think the one thing the UAD has going for it is the variey of gear they model so you get a lot of different colors for your money.
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led View Post
Do you want a specific sounding hero plugin or a bunch of workhorse ones? Do you want to expand your pallet, or increase the number of plugin instances you can use you exisiting plugz with?
I want it all!

Really....I want something new(I don't have Neve plugs and I don't have ssl plugs),I want to increase number of plug-ins(actually the nevana is a two card.....so at least 6 1073's etc. etc. and 32 istances with Duende)and I want to expand colours and variety!

But I want to know waht YOU would chose!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search