The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Need a techie to help set up a new Toft 24ATB in Hawaii
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Head

Need a techie to help set up a new Toft 24ATB in Hawaii

this post is old
Old 12th September 2007
member no 666

I'll be more than happy to come out and help you set it up... I don't fly coach, will be traveling "+1" [and often need to bring my kid to gigs too... but she has great soldering skills], and it'll probably take at least 10 days [ocean view if possible].

Other than that... have a couple soldering irons, some budget for patchbays, so racks for the rest of your gear, and a couple of grunts to pull wires, make coffee, etc. and we can get it sorted out in short order.

Peace.
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Alan Hyatt has a home in Hawaii. Have you tried contacting him?
Old 14th September 2007
Gear Head

I think i got it figure dout

Alright...
I think I got a mental handle on this thing now. Been mixing ITB since I began producing and never really tried to figure out how the virtual connections made in the digital world would transpose to a 'real' analog mixer. Sign of the times I guess! Bunch of dummies like me who have a computer and a passion for music trying to make pro quality mixes without understanding the basics of time-tested mixing scenarios and techniques.
Kudos to Google for providing me enough info to learn the basics that I seemed to skip over when I first jumped into a DAW 4 years ago!
Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up for a free trip to Hawaii.
Old 14th September 2007
Gear Head

The hardest part to routing is getting your head around half-normalled and normalled. That stuff gives me a headache.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search