The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
AMS RMX 16 DIED!!! Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Nut

AMS RMX 16 DIED!!!

Had it on for 30 mins and it froze about 5 seconds after signal was put through it!!! Yikes!!! Spoke to a friend who said he had a similar problem that was the result of a crapped out fan.
Any ideas??
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

http://www.studioelectronics.biz/Services-AMS-13.html

Email David he'll know.
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

1st, reset it. Power it on while holding down the number [1] (it will lose any barcode settings in memories 10, 11 and 12). This usually clears things up and it becoming less known to engineers that are new to the unit.

2nd, keep it as cool as possible. Heat always seemed to contribute to problems with that unit IME.

3rd, If it's still acting up, hit up David at StudioElectronics or Mitch Berger @ Mitch Berger Technical Services

4th, keep it as cool as possible. Heat always seemed to contribute to problems with that unit IME.

5th, sell it and buy a copy of TL Space. Ok, I kid, i kid...

Enjoy your unit. I've been Ambiencing and Non-Linearing the hell out of my BG vocals lately.
Old 12th September 2007
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-cue View Post
1st, reset it. Power it on while holding down the number [1] (it will lose any barcode settings in memories 10, 11 and 12). This usually clears things up and it becoming less known to engineers that are new to the unit.

2nd, keep it as cool as possible. Heat always seemed to contribute to problems with that unit IME.

3rd, If it's still acting up, hit up David at StudioElectronics or Mitch Berger @ Mitch Berger Technical Services

4th, keep it as cool as possible. Heat always seemed to contribute to problems with that unit IME.

5th, sell it and buy a copy of TL Space. Ok, I kid, i kid...

Enjoy your unit. I've been Ambiencing and Non-Linearing the hell out of my BG vocals lately.

Thanks for your help. Powering it up whilst holding 1 was a non event.. Looks like we'll have to operate!!! I'll keep it in mind for next time though.. Fingers crossed it won't be for a while!!!
How do you keep them cool?? Other than rack vents??
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Sorry for you loss...

I know how it feels to lose a loved one to the evils of old electrolytics caps. Hope the old girl recovers after surgery.

Would recommend David Kulka and those guys at Studio Electronics. They helped me out with some AMS parts and recapped my 480L. Great people to deal with.

If you in the UK or Europe. Try Simon Flinn, hes repairing mine at the moment.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search