The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Just got a new u87 ai, what is the "charging time " ? 48v Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 31st October 2007
Lives for gear

friends dont let friends use pro tools
Old 1st November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by usblink11 View Post
Ive been juicing it up with phatom power for about 4 hours now and it is still not working. How long does it take to charge up?
10 seconds

Supercapacitor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 1st November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ive worked with a lot of u87's ALL silver and they work perfect. I get a black one and its defected. Ive been juicing it up with phatom power for about 4 hours now and it is still not working. How long does it take to charge up?
Well, how long did your silver U87's take to charge up? That should give you some sort of guideline surely.

My U87's generally need recharging all night after a particularly intensive session - they seem to run down particularly quickly when used as drum over-heads.

Be sure to use a genuine Neumann charger, otherwise your warranty will be invalidated.

Walters?
Old 1st November 2007
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Lehmann View Post
My U87's generally need recharging all night after a particularly intensive session - they seem to run down particularly quickly when used as drum over-heads.
Man I think there is something wrong with your 87s. Mine only take 3-4 hours to charge and they are good for an entire day. Are you leaving them plugged in or something?

heh
Old 1st November 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
I dont know what to think. I get a black one and its defected.
All I keep wondering is defected? To WHERE? And what type of oppression was it receiving that instigated such action... Was it all that "silver ones are better" propaganda?
Old 1st November 2007
Gear Maniac

Mine has a crank on the side like one of those really old cars. You gotta give it a few hundred turns and it's good for a whole session.
Old 1st November 2007
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimes View Post
Mine has a crank on the side like one of those really old cars. You gotta give it a few hundred turns and it's good for a whole session.
I heard those are pretty cool but if you want to save time you should check out the model that replaced it. It's PSU is like an oven and all you have to do is shovel coal into it. Works like a charm.
Old 1st November 2007
Lives for gear

mabey he thought it was a tube mic
Old 1st November 2007
Lives for gear

Uhm... actually, MY mic takes about 14 hours to charge. It can be taken for remote recordings for 2 hours after that. It's a CAD E-100 - and it HAS two 9V rechargeable batteries stuffed in it!

Saved my butt acoupla times!
Old 15th July 2017
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ive been juicing it up with phatom power for about 4 hours now and it is still not working. How long does it take to charge up?
funniest gear post of all time
Old 15th July 2017
Lives for gear

It takes abouts same time as the Braun shavers

Matti
Old 17th July 2017
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire Prod View Post
Sir......Please step away from the mic.
This post is THE funniest post on Gearslutz EVER!

Empire Prod should be awarded a special prize.

In fact his post has entered my families humour vocabulary!

If we buy anything new - like a TV or new mobile and someone can't operate it properly, then the quote comes out.

"Sir .... step away from the xxx"

So so funny.
Old 17th July 2017
Lives for gear

Once I received a Neumann U87 that was supposedly defect: No sound at all...
According to the engineer it had never worked.
It appeared to be the old model U87 with the battery holder inside and battery meter visible from the outside.
Switching the internal switch from INT to EXT made the Neumann the perfect microphone again and the engineer a happy man.
He never dared to open the microphone.......

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search