The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Studio projects c1 Condenser Microphones
Old 11th September 2007
Studio projects c1

THis is not about that mic just i know it sounds good on my voice. But i need it smoother i know it is modeled after the u87 would it be similer in sound?

I bought a wunder mic with a m7 capsule but it was two dark for me so i send it back. any suggetstions?
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Nut

They are not similar at all. The u87 is a great workhorse mic. When we demoed the the C1 at our studio we got rid of it the next day. None of us felt we could ever use it on a record.
Old 11th September 2007
im talking about the sound. IS the new u87 the same as the old?
Old 11th September 2007
Lives for gear
Try a Blue Kiwi or a Red Type B with a R6 capsule...If you want it a little thicker with a good top end try the 2247 LE...The CM7-GT with the M7 capsule lacked top end for me too. I sold it and got the CM7-GT with the k47 and it sounds great.
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Nut

Hey spektor, I was in the same boat as you a while back. The cheap Studio Projects C-1 sounded great on my voice, just a little harsh at times. Funny thing, one mans trash is another mans treasure. I bought a used SP T-3, put in a NOS GE 5 Star tube and it has the same character as the C-1, but smoother and no harshness. In your situation, the Peluso 22 251 may be something to consider also. I refer to this chart often which you may have already seen, but needs a little update. The author states that the U87 is a fairly bright mic.
A graph to describe the sonic characteristics of microphones - Topic Powered by eve community

Good luck in your search.

Charlie

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search