The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Gear Prices and State of the Business Condenser Microphones
Old 16th September 2007
Lives for gear

How about tradesman

In Alaska you have to pay 125 dollars per hour for a card carrying electrician or plumber. A couple of the entry level crew members that have been working on my house for 3 months have a punk band and hope to become professional musicians. They get about 50 dollars per hour as construction crew members and can afford to be very excited musicians. The 19 year old working apprentice tradesman pays cash for a new truck and Martin D28.

Right or wrong, capable tradesman are going to be more and more in demand. They are going to be the spending power of the future. I am not a tradesman but consider the trades to be an honorable, comfortable lifestyle that I would never discourage my children from pursuing. Unfortunately, for my pocket book, my children seem to be interested in college.

What does all of this have to do with "Gear Prices and State of the Business?" I think that this is where the consumer dollar is going to come from for music and music equipment.
Old 16th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleaman View Post
I think Nickelback was the only Rock act that went multi-platinum this year (or last?).
Jeeez the death of music right in that quote.. dfegad

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search