The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Waves Authorization Pissing Me Off DAW Software
Old 9th September 2007
Here for the gear

Waves Authorization Pissing Me Off

Ok, so I'm finally looking to buckle down and purchase some plugins.

I'm thinking of buying the API or SSL (or both) to start. They have a demo for the bundles, but I've had nothing but trouble getting them to authorize on my computer.

On my waves account, the SSL, API, and the "Enabler for Intel-Based Macs DEMO" all show as being authorized to my iLok serial. However, when I launch Pro Tools, it says "Waves 5.9 Enabler has expired" and that "the License days remaining: 0". I registered it just an hour ago. What the hell? I tried copying my response from my account back into the challenge, but it wont accept it.

Yes, my iLok is plugged in. I have a new 17" MBP C2D (Santa Rosa).

Man, if this is the trouble I have to go through to get a piece of software to work, forget it!

It's funny, there is some software i own that I use the cracked versions just so I don't have to go through the hoops of antipiracy. Really, it's the registered users who suffer in the end - the guys who are willing to pay for the products.

Of course, Waves wont support their demos.

If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. Thanks.
Old 10th September 2007
Here for the gear

The only thing I can think of is it's not detecting my ilok or the ilok serial on file at NI is not correct. What sucks is that I supposedly have only 7 days to figure it out. They say that once you install demos, you can't install any more on the machine ... ever.

It's unfortunate that Waves have their software locked up so tight that even the demos are incredibly restricted.

I'm going to try and get the demos working on another machine at work tomorrow. I'm really itching to try the API, SSL, Neve bundles.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search