The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Original KRK V series made by Focal? Studio Monitors
Old 8th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Original KRK V series made by Focal?

I had briefly caught a rumor somewhere that the original KRK V series were made by focal, or made with certain Focal parts. Any truth to this? I've got a pair of original V6's that I keep going back and forth on whether to hang on to them or not.
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Bump
Old 11th September 2007
Lives for gear

Well I'd say if you like the way they sound, then keep them. If you don't like the way they sound, I don't think it really matters much who they were made by.
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midiguy View Post
I had briefly caught a rumor somewhere that the original KRK V series were made by focal, or made with certain Focal parts. Any truth to this? I've got a pair of original V6's that I keep going back and forth on whether to hang on to them or not.
This is true.

They bought the speakers from Focal and made the amps/crossovers/boxes. Focal wanted to get making studio monitors so they discontinued the parts for the V/E series, leaving everyone who has these speakers up a certain creek w/o a paddle.

Thanks KRK fuuck
Old 11th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sender View Post
This is true.

Focal wanted to get making studio monitors so they discontinued the parts for the V/E series, leaving everyone who has these speakers up a certain creek w/o a paddle.

Thanks KRK fuuck
This is why I was asking - more from a parts perspective. Thanks.
Old 11th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sender View Post
This is true.

They bought the speakers from Focal and made the amps/crossovers/boxes. Focal wanted to get making studio monitors so they discontinued the parts for the V/E series, leaving everyone who has these speakers up a certain creek w/o a paddle.

Thanks KRK fuuck
Why would you blame KRK ??? They did not discontinue the parts...blame Focal.
Old 13th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj32 View Post
Why would you blame KRK ??? They did not discontinue the parts...blame Focal.
Actually, since Focal manufactures all of their drivers themselves, they can manufacture again every driver that they ever made. The problem is that years ago, Focal was selling OEM drivers to KRK. KRK removed the reference numbers from the drivers and stuck their own.

I had many mad KRK customers call me for a new woofer/tweeter for their KRK monitors but the reference that they are giving us is a KRK model number instead of the Focal number so it's extremely difficult to find the correct part!

If anyone has problems with their KRK and are in need of a Focal driver, you can definitly contact us and we'll do our best to find the correct replacement part.
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

Cool,

I have an original pair of e-8's with focal tweeters. Thats good to know.

Thank You,

XJ
Old 19th February 2010
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocalPro View Post
Actually, since Focal manufactures all of their drivers themselves, they can manufacture again every driver that they ever made. The problem is that years ago, Focal was selling OEM drivers to KRK. KRK removed the reference numbers from the drivers and stuck their own.

I had many mad KRK customers call me for a new woofer/tweeter for their KRK monitors but the reference that they are giving us is a KRK model number instead of the Focal number so it's extremely difficult to find the correct part!

If anyone has problems with their KRK and are in need of a Focal driver, you can definitly contact us and we'll do our best to find the correct replacement part.
i can't believe what you are saying.

how do you expect we believe that you don't remember which drivers have you sold to krk

you need a part number? are you kidding?

if one has krk 9000b or E7 and tells you i need a tweeter for the 9000b, you told them if you don't have the part number we can't find it??

i think it's an absurd excuse
Old 19th February 2010
Gear Guru

Does sound very far fetched......
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search