The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Excuse me, please frends
Old 8th September 2007
Gear Head

Excuse me, please frends

Excuse me Im not from these countri but how you get this sound from recording viewpoint?

Thankyou verymuch,

Christopher

http://minorcrisis.net/files/Let%20You%20Down.mp3
Old 8th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by csilt View Post
Excuse me Im not from these countri but how you get this sound from recording viewpoint?

Thankyou verymuch,

Christopher

in all seriousness.... some ok mics, some reverb.... hard to tell exactly.
Old 9th September 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by csilt View Post

Thankyou verymuch,

Christopher

I listened to the clip and other than the apparently deliberate restraint of the the musical performances, it sounds pretty 'normal' to me.

Is there some specific aspect of the sound you are responding to - as opposed to the music? (See my sig file )
Old 9th September 2007
Gear Head

If you can play like that, a professional recording studio could "create" that sound for you. Or you could spend a fortune and a lot of time on really learning recording, (and getting the right equipment etc.) (takes a few years) I can´t answer your question, but i can tell you that there is no "one way" to get that sound. If you try to be more specific it is easier to answer you for the guys here that really know what they are doing.
Old 10th September 2007
Gear Addict

You could hire Dave Matthews musicians and recording staff - maybe he could sing the vocals too...

All of his recordings are very soft and "airy" - jazz recording techniques for the drums, percs and bass might help you take the right direction...

Good luck,

Olivier.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search