The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Something other than Pro Tools HD-Are there better ones out there and why! DAW Software
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear
PT sounds fine. i bought an hd2 system and of all the things in my studio i have no complaints (the pultecs and la2a get alot of love too). people who rag on PT are spoiled. its a great system that allows you to make great sounding records and if you cant do that on it, the problem isn't tools.
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Motu hardware with DP is the ultimate bang for the buck. Send the interface to Black Lion for the analog mod, and you're good. Then spend the $10K you just saved on mics and pres and you'll be putting out better sound quality then if you spent it all on a HD rig.
I honestly don't understand the Logic thing, unless you're the kind of person who likes spending their free time with a user manual in their lap.
Old 12th September 2007
Lives for gear

Well, you are just in time! Go for the Logic 8!

I'm a PT user but am getting Logic 8 for sure! Seems like they've sorted out some of the 'user-unfriendliness' in the new version and have added some cool stuff as well. Check it out at www.apple.com
Old 13th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MPCist View Post
Go for the Logic 8! Seems like they've sorted out some of the 'user-unfriendliness' in the new version and have added some cool stuff as well.
Yup. I stand corrected. Logic 8 looks fabulous.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search