The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Any Tri-Tech TS24 users around here? Consoles
Old 7th September 2007
Any Tri-Tech TS24 users around here?

Hey, folks. I've been getting a bunch of gigs at a studio here in the Boston area that has a Tri-Tech TS24 console. I've done a buncha tracking through it, but I've only mixed a couple records on it so I'm still sorta feeling it out. It's obviously got its parallels to the Trident 80B thing, but I'm wondering if anyone has a pdf of the operator's manual or just some general info or even neat tricks about the desk. I'm particularly curious about the EQ, as I've been having a tough time getting it to do what I want, especially when I'm tracking. Those Q buttons are a little odd, and I'm unsure about how the high and low bands work (are they shelves? what are their default frequencies? etc etc).

Anyway, if anyone's got any info, that'd be great. In the meantime, I'll hafta try to hunt down the operator's manual at the studio. Thanks.
Old 8th September 2007
Um...anyone?
Old 8th September 2007
Lives for gear

soundcraft has a TS24 console, but yours is a a tri tech? got a picture?
Old 8th September 2007
Lives for gear

Nope, that board is weird.

I'm sure there is something, somewhere, or someone, whoe may know it well.

but even people who work at that spot are .

Someone bulit it and maybee another one at one point.

FWIK, it is like an 80c and I think. though the whol ehting looks like an 80c on drugs.

its an AIIIGHT/GOOD sounding board tho, certainly fine to mix on.

and in that room, there certainly is enough cool gear to patch into the thing .

What I rememebr, I think the lowest eq pot is a HPF from 0hz to like 200hz, and the next is a shelf switchable from 80/150hz. q buttons? I'll hafta look again....think they make it a .03 thing.
Old 8th September 2007
Old 8th September 2007
Hey noiseflower, thanks for the reply.

I was hanging out with Rob last night (I assume if you've spent time there you know him), and we pulled out the schematics and did a little math. The low shelf is switchable between 60 and 100Hz, and the high shelf is switchable between 8k and 10k.

The Q button, now that I'm getting more familiar with it, seems to impose a similar shape as a 1081, with the wide/narrow thing on the mid band.

That EQ is strange; I feel like I'm making MUCH deeper and steeper cuts and boosts than I typically would, but my stuff is still sounding great. I'm starting to really dig it.

I like that desk; my only real beef with it now is that subgrouping stuff to the monitor section seriously degrades the quality. I'm using those groups for parallel processing only.

Thanks again.
Old 8th September 2007
Lives for gear

Cool, I'd like to see the OG. I'll acctualy be there working w/ rob today. go figure.

that mix article is cool....

FWIW and i dont know, but i have a hunch that the one at that studio is the PROTO and the only one to ever see use on these shores.
Old 8th September 2007
Hey, man...what's your name? I've probably met you a coupla times. Riggs has been calling me for a buncha gigs lately, so I've been around the Oak with some frequency.

My name is Benny; you're not John by any chance, are you?
Old 9th September 2007
MGA
Gear Addict

Tri-Tech TS24 Brochure

Hi there,

I've got a PDF copy of their TS24 brochure. Not sure if its much help but I can email it to you if you like.
Old 9th September 2007
Lives for gear

You must be at Mad Oak Studios, right?
Old 9th September 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyman View Post
You must be at Mad Oak Studios, right?
Yup. So you're familiar with the joint, I take it?
Old 10th September 2007
MGA
Gear Addict

Hey Benny,

Thanks for your PM. Check your emails you should have the TS24 brochure. Hope it helps.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search