The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Good Analog Consoles that won't break the bank??? Consoles
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Head

Good Analog Consoles that won't break the bank???

Hey everyone! I need some help with my new studio. I think I would like to have a good analog console so I can mix OTB instead of in Pro Tools. What is out there that won't cost me my first born but will still impress clients and produce great sounds? Any help would be appreciated!
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfoote8 View Post
Hey everyone! I need some help with my new studio. I think I would like to have a good analog console so I can mix OTB instead of in Pro Tools. What is out there that won't cost me my first born but will still impress clients and produce great sounds? Any help would be appreciated!
It will help if you post your budget, channels needed (size), etc., etc....

Even though you're posting this in the high-end forum, somehow I don't think you're looking for a high-end console.....
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Head

I am aware that this is the high end area. My budget is around 20K. I would like around 24 faders w/ a monitor section...Any ideas??
Old 7th September 2007
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

They also make the ACS which allows you to put your control surface in the middle of the console> Audient

Dunno the price of that one.

Old 7th September 2007
Gear Head

WOW! i could reall use a price on that package!!! And also what do you get with the board...ie-mic pres, eq, etc
Thanks for any help.
Kenny
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Used Neotek Elite
Neotek Elan
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
I am aware that this is the high end area. My budget is around 20K. I would like around 24 faders w/ a monitor section...Any ideas??
If you get lucky you might score a nice Trident 80B with that budget.

Other names to keep an eye out for are Neotek, D&R, Amek.

Do not rush into a purchase. With todays market, 20k can get you into a very nice console if you find the right situation.
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
WOW! i could reall use a price on that package!!! And also what do you get with the board...ie-mic pres, eq, etc
Thanks for any help.
Kenny
You can email [email protected] , he started the thread of that 1st link I posted. They are of course in the U.K., but they have U.S. distributors they can refer you to (dunno your location?).

All the Audient recording boards come with mic pres, eq's (fully parametric) switchable between the monitor/main (in-line designed console), 8 aux sends (I think)...all on each channel. The mic pres are fully discrete class-A design and as noted in the links, they now come with a discrete 990 Jensen op amps on the mix buss (master fader).

You should download the manual from their website.
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Yes -Trident 80b

Soundcraft ts-24
Old 7th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyman View Post
Yes -Trident 80b

Soundcraft ts-24
Or even better a Trident 80Cthumbsup

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search