The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Which sounds better PCM 70 or PCM 80? Reverb/Delay Processors (HW)
Old 6th October 2016
Lives for gear

I'm just not sure what it is, though hardware, a Mixer and Effects from Reverb, Delay, Compression, Limiting, preamps, Equalisers and every effect under the sun, plug ins just don't seem to "Sound Like that classic Sound" maybe it's my Convertors maybe it's my Sony DMX R100 Console, and My Apple 17" MacBook Pro 2012 that's loaded with 2 DAW units, though I still use 48 Track HDD recorders and tactile control, I hit a synth on Midi...boom it loops, I send one fx unit into 2,3,4,5 and then loop them, magic? I play bass (badly) Guitar even worse, though damn I can loop like Satriani so I don't know, must be me! Certainly I'm not saying one thing is better then another, nope no way as I've heard Hybrid and fully ITB mixes that sound stunning, though I think if you learnt on Hardware, it lives in you! I keep an iPad just for manuals just simply to save a tree or two. Though I will never give up a console and Hardware effects! When Jay Rose answers my BD980 questions I know I'm not alone here, and be it PCM 60/70/80/81/90/91/41/42 or others I'm mad for it! Though only other thing that pumps my blood so hard women! Be it H3000/4000/4500/BD980/Omnipressor I know it's Audio that Sounds perfect. Be it perfectly to my taste, I guess that's subjective, though nope no pedal equates to 200 pages of here's how you can make a sound no ones head before!

That's the magic of Hardware FX!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search