The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Question about Genelec S30 Triamp Keyboard Synthesizers
Old 6th September 2007
Gear Maniac

Question about Genelec S30 Triamp

I recently got a pair of Genelec S30 monitors (http://www.genelecusa.com/s30/), and I noticed that they are actually not a pair, but two speakers of the same side: the treble driver is on the right side in both speakers. Is that a problem?

If it is, can I just turn the front plate around so the drivers line up like they should? I know this is important on near field monitors, but is this really an issue on S30, since they are mid field?

Thanks for your help in advance!
Old 6th September 2007
Lives for gear

just stand them vertically...these early S30s sound great...unless overdriven...the clipper type of HF protection they use is very harsh
Old 7th September 2007
Gear Maniac

They are supposed to be vertical... the picture in the link I posted was a horizontal model, my S30´s look more like this:

http://www.genelecusa.com/products/p...s-models/s30c/

The problem is that the tweeter and the cones are never in symmetrical position on both sides, so it probably affects in stereo image some way. The reason I can´t just judge that myself by listening, is they need some serious repairwork. It´s pretty hard to listen to the stereo image when there is loud hiss on the other and the middle speaker is mute on the other one

I will have them repaired anyway, but is it possible to do serious mixing with them?
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search