The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
API A2D into...what? Audio Interfaces
Old 5th September 2007
Here for the gear

API A2D into...what?

Hello,
I'm a bassist for a living, trying to get together (finally) a good home recording rig. I'm thinking about getting the Api A2D -- b/c i've had good success with 312s in the past and i've read good things here on gearslutz. here's my question: what would everyone here recommend for going from the SPDIF out of the A2D to my Macbook. i will be using logic most of the time. i know i could use an mbox, or a 002 -- it shouldn't matter since the audio has already been converted to digital...but what would be the easiest/cheapest SPDIF to firewire unit i could find? is it really the mbox? thanks!
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

try a MOTU...you can get them cheap used...just make sure it has AES, SPDIF, ADAT Optical and BNC...it'll help in the future if you decide to clock externally...MOTU works great with Logic...you can do all your Overdubs with the A2D purrrfect.

Nick
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Something cheap and cheerful like the M-AUDIO - FireWire Solo - FireWire Mobile Audio Interface for Songwriter/Guitarists

I asked the same thing a while ago here and I believe jitter could be a problem even though it's digital so it might be worth investing in something a little more long term and higher end.. BTW, make sure you stick a compressor in the a2d loop for tracking that bass!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search