The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Chandler Mixer... Picture! Warning... NOT shipping or taking orders yet... :) Consoles
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticglobe View Post
WOW!!!! With a TG pre at the top?!?!? WOW!!! That is almost too much to take!! lol
TG2, Curvebender EQ, Zener Limiter.....
Old 5th September 2007
Gear Addict

Been staring at that picture for I don't know how long... can't believe it's real.. must be dreaming... HOLY MO Wade, I'm hypnotized by my new desktop pic and I'm sure every gearslut is now under your spell! ( if they weren't allready.. ).

Thanks for bringing gear dreams to another level!

Martijn.
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalM View Post
Been staring at that picture for I don't know how long... can't believe it's real.. must be dreaming... HOLY MO Wade, I'm hypnotized by my new desktop pic and I'm sure every gearslut is now under your spell! ( if they weren't allready.. ).

Thanks for bringing gear dreams to another level!

Martijn.
Thanks man. Im sitting here smiling and laughing as I type :-)
Old 5th September 2007
Gear Addict

How am I going to keep a sane mind and work tonight?

Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

I like the whole modular look, including the meters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MPCist View Post
Absolutely gorgeous!

I really dig those faders!

One thing I do think should be worked on... the 'meter bridge'...
Make it more of a panel instead of individual screwed-on modules. More along the lines of a more modern albeit vintage touch to it. This is the only area I think seems a bit crude.

Other than that, man, this is a beauty!!! I wouldn't even care about automation with those faders! heh

Any ideas/speculation/actual facts as to pricing and channel sizes offered?
Old 5th September 2007
Dan
Lives for gear

WOW! Beautiful console. Is there any way it is in-line? Is there a a monitor section?
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Okay we shall not preorder them by mailing Wade directly!

May I preorder here? heh heh heh

This is awesome! Like all of your stuff!
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade goeke View Post
TG2, Curvebender EQ, Zener Limiter.....
I think I'll just start directing clients to PayPal directly to Wade.

I can make utilities & food selling my body...right?
Old 5th September 2007
Gear Addict

This looks truly amazing,

Any chance you might get a second to post a couple more pictures. (yes i know its still in prototype stage) but this is just so exciting.
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by indie View Post
[email protected]#$^%^*R&%@!$%^&*^%$#@!#$%^&$$^%$#@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excately
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Amazing stuff (bank)
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

IMO, DAW control is very important(faders, pans, mutes, solos), stepped mastering type knobs for recall, and analog fader snapshots or automation. How about those cool curved faders for the analog side, and a row of DAW faders right below it(or side by side in pairs), or dual function faders like the SSL AWS.

Another option might be to have a custom desk with a space for a daw controller in the center(D-command 8 or 24 fader) and Chandler wings.

If it saves alot of money, I could live without busses and sends(keep one stereo send for the musician while tracking, everything else could be done in the DAW) and shortloaded on the micpre's.
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
They are proto type EMI ZenerBender channels. I do not have clearance from Abbey Road to make them yet but those are the start of what they could be.....
:-)
AAAAABBBBBBBBBEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYY RRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOAAAAAADDDDDDDD

YYYYYOOOOUUUUU AAAAARRRRREEEEEE FFFFFEEEEEEELLLLLLIIIINNNNNNGGGGG VVVEEEERRRRRRYYYY SSSSSLLLLLLEEEEEEPPPPPPYYYYYY..........

LLLLIIIIIIISSSSSSSTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEENNNNNNNN TTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOO MMMMMMMYYYYYYYY VVVVVVVVVVOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEE

YYYYYYYOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU WWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLL GGGGGGGGGGIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEE WWWWWWWAAAAAAADDDDDDDDEEEEEEE CCCCCLLLLLLLEEEEEAAAAAARRRRRRAAAAAANNNNNNNCCCCCCCCEEEEEEE TTTTTTTOOOOOO RRRRRRRREEEEEEELLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEEE TTTTTTHHHHHHHEEEEEESSSSSSSEEEEEEE ZZZZZZZEEEEEEENNNNNNNEEEEEEERRRRRRRBBBBBBBEEEEEENNNNNNDDDDDDDEEEEERRRRR CCCCCHHHHHHAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSS

TTTTTHHHHHAAAANNNNKKKKK YYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU
Attached Images
New Chandler Mixer... Picture!  Warning... NOT shipping or taking orders yet... :)-twirl2.gif New Chandler Mixer... Picture!  Warning... NOT shipping or taking orders yet... :)-twilight.gif 
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

looks great.. i get scared trying to think about the price tag though..
Old 5th September 2007
Gear Maniac

unbelievable
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

all I can say is . . . . boy !!!!!!!
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

My big question is who is the intended user? The OTB guy that reqires a full featured console? Or the ITB guy that needs an elegant solution to tie the digital and analog realms together? Depending on the answer to that question, the feature set required is a little different.

I'm an ITB guy and all my cue mixes are handled via a software/DSP mixer (MOTU Cue Mix) and a HearBack system. I'm guessing a lot of us have similar setups. I personally have no use for features that facilitate tape return monitoring or cue mix creation. And I probably could do without auxes as well since I don't have any outboard gear that I use in a send/return configuration. I do all my verbs and delay ITB. So for my own personal uses I would just need some busses. However, features like DAW control/follow would be a godsend, although probably expensive.

What also would be really cool is if there was a 3RU slot in the frame (maybe off to the side) for popping in an API 500 rack like the Brent Averill 11-space. It still would fit the 19" format, but would just require three slots.

Brad

I'd like to see some pics of underside. How does everything wire up?
Old 5th September 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bforest4 View Post
IMO, DAW control is very important(faders, pans, mutes, solos).
Agreed - that would be fantastic.
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad McGowan View Post
My big question is who is the intended user? The OTB guy that reqires a full featured console? Or the ITB guy that needs an elegant solution to tie the digital and analog realms together? Depending on the answer to that question, the feature set required is a little different.

I'm an ITB guy and all my cue mixes are handled via a software/DSP mixer (MOTU Cue Mix) and a HearBack system. I'm guessing a lot of us have similar setups. I personally have no use for features that facilitate tape return monitoring or cue mix creation. And I probably could do without auxes as well since I don't have any outboard gear that I use in a send/return configuration. I do all my verbs and delay ITB. So for my own personal uses I would just need some busses. However, features like DAW control/follow would be a godsend, although probably expensive.
The beauty of this console as I understand it... is that you only have to buy what you need. If you don't need sends and monitoring... don't buy it. It's going to be a seperate module.
Old 5th September 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bforest4 View Post
IMO, DAW control is very important(faders, pans, mutes, solos)
just get paul wolff to retrofit tonelux faders

why reinvent the wheel?

OH MY GOD WADE WHAT A BEAUTIFUL WHEEL

MORE PIX PLEASE
especially the master section
pix of anything re:this desk
they dont have to be studio/pro pix..
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

That would look SOOOOOOOOOOO sexy in my room. I gotta go apply for more credit cards!!! heh
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

That's a gorgeous console. It's good to see nice analog desks making a roaring comeback.
Old 5th September 2007
Gear Addict

niiice

hehhehhehhehhehheh

I waaaannnntsssss it
we neeeeedddds it
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

So, what's a left nut worth these days? Enough for one of these?
Old 5th September 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompEq View Post
I gotta go apply for more credit cards!!! heh
Yeah, I hear you guys in the US can declare yourself bankrupt and still get to keep one asset - may as well make it 16 channel version fully loaded with all the trimmings!!

Oh, and congrats on the progress with your console, Wade, looks great.
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEMAS View Post
Yeah, I hear you guys in the US can declare yourself bankrupt and still get to keep one asset....
I don't know the details on that, but I believe it's so a person can keep his house and not be homeless. And I don't think it applies to every state.
Old 5th September 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by scking View Post
I don't know the details on that, but I believe it's so a person can keep his house and not be homeless. And I don't think it applies to every state.
I wasn't really actually suggesting he should do it, but thanks for adding a disclaimer!
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
You can also use third party units with the desk. I dont know the all the logistics of this yet but we have tried Neve, SSL Telefunken, and API in the busses and channels and it works fine. I was surprised at how good and bad the various combos sounded so this is an option that must be carefully considered both by Chandler and the final user.
Best wishes
Wade
This sounds real interesting.
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sui_City View Post

YYYYYOOOOUUUUU AAAAARRRRREEEEEE FFFFFEEEEEEELLLLLLIIIINNNNNNGGGGG VVVEEEERRRRRRYYYY SSSSSLLLLLLEEEEEEPPPPPPYYYYYY..........

LLLLIIIIIIISSSSSSSTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEENNNNNNNN TTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOO MMMMMMMYYYYYYYY VVVVVVVVVVOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEE

YYYYYYYOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU WWWWWWWWIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLL GGGGGGGGGGIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEE WWWWWWWAAAAAAADDDDDDDDEEEEEEE CCCCCLLLLLLLEEEEEAAAAAARRRRRRAAAAAANNNNNNNCCCCCCCCEEEEEEE TTTTTTTOOOOOO RRRRRRRREEEEEEELLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEEE TTTTTTHHHHHHHEEEEEESSSSSSSEEEEEEE ZZZZZZZEEEEEEENNNNNNNEEEEEEERRRRRRRBBBBBBBEEEEEENNNNNNDDDDDDDEEEEERRRRR CCCCCHHHHHHAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSS

Beautiful!
Old 5th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sui_City View Post

Hey dude,

I sent your vocal track through the Germanium Compressor and got this:

"ABBEY ROAD

YOU ARE FEELING VERY SLEEPY...

LISTEN TO MY VOICE

YOU WILL GIVE WADE CLEARANCE TO RELEASE THESE ZENERBENDER CHANNELS

THANK YOU"

Your vocal track is more focused now. Amazing compressors. thumbsup

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search