The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Chandler Mixer... Picture! Warning... NOT shipping or taking orders yet... :) Consoles
Old 5th September 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenoiseflower View Post
I wonder if it is low/hi metering, or Input/OUTput
its the same as the germ pre.. hi/lo.. you can kinda read it if you zoom in
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

That is one sexy mutherf**ker!
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

oops, yeah, and it has values on both sides, must be hi/low. (for now)

with there being comps in the strips, IN/OUT level would make sense, but considering there is a switch for the meter on the channel strips just for that, just post fader level on the meterbridge makes even more sence.

Wow, so exited and in awe of the beauty. I just blanked on that.
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Oh.......my........

I had no intention of buying a console until I saw that.
Old 5th September 2007
Gear Addict

I used to have the feeling that life wasn't fair.
Now I'm SURE that life isn't fair.
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drBill View Post
LOL I doubt that.
Why? It's a frame that you drop any 19" rack gear into. It's just a 500 series with really big assed slots. You'd have to be visited by the Chandler Mafia, but you could fill it with Behringer.

This is a summing box with a rack, pan, faders, auxes and metering type deal (a super duper line mixer). The guts are only as expensive as the outboard you own, or intend to own.

I'm curious to see all the "platform" features: scalability, smallest buy-in, auxes, groups, etc.
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WidgetNinja View Post
Why? It's a frame that you drop any 19" rack gear into. It's just a 500 series with really big assed slots. You'd have to be visited by the Chandler Mafia, but you could fill it with Behringer.
I think that was the point, as he may of said on another thread during conception of the maximus, that the frame would allow for a drop in of other standard 19" rack mounts to allow for different brands/flavors...however, I can't confirm this.

Nor could I imagine how it would all connect inside the console.

I disagree about the LED faders, >>>SUPER COOL<<<!
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Absolutely gorgeous!

I really dig those faders!

One thing I do think should be worked on... the 'meter bridge'...
Make it more of a panel instead of individual screwed-on modules. More along the lines of a more modern albeit vintage touch to it. This is the only area I think seems a bit crude.

Other than that, man, this is a beauty!!! I wouldn't even care about automation with those faders! heh

Any ideas/speculation/actual facts as to pricing and channel sizes offered?
Old 5th September 2007
where are the sends?

it looks like there's a bus assign modules with panpot below the meters... did wade send any specs with the pic?

i really wanna see the master section and the rest of the desk

here's a prettier version i tweaked in photoshop: http://detroitxxl.com/chandler_desk.jpg
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMrehearsal View Post
I have no doubt that the faders will be a cost option.
Imagine them FLY
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorkyTart View Post
$74,999 I say
Loaded with Germ pre/EQs , ufff..
Old 5th September 2007
GAK
Gear Head

Chandler Console

I want Santa to give me one for Christmas
I got new plates for my van and the console
fits , it better, I'm goin' to Chandlerville

GAK
Confirmed Chandlerholic
Charter Member of Chanlerholics Anonymous
Old 5th September 2007
Sweeet!!.......who needs aux sends anyway!! heh
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MPCist View Post
Absolutely gorgeous!

I really dig those faders!

One thing I do think should be worked on... the 'meter bridge'...
Make it more of a panel instead of individual screwed-on modules. More along the lines of a more modern albeit vintage touch to it. This is the only area I think seems a bit crude.

Other than that, man, this is a beauty!!! I wouldn't even care about automation with those faders! heh

Any ideas/speculation/actual facts as to pricing and channel sizes offered?

I was thinking the same on the meter bridge...Might be temporary, no?
May be something like these? Or the square version of those, like in the TG12345...

Anyway...Looks pretty cool Wade...Now only the sound and....

We're up for one...RR
Attached Thumbnails
New Chandler Mixer... Picture!  Warning... NOT shipping or taking orders yet... :)-al_20.jpg  
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11413 View Post
where are the sends?

it looks like there's a bus assign modules with panpot below the meters... did wade send any specs with the pic?

i really wanna see the master section and the rest of the desk

here's a prettier version i tweaked in photoshop: http://detroitxxl.com/chandler_desk.jpg

Hey guys. Wade told me he would check in on this thread before too long and answer some questions.

He is still not finished... so this is not final. He said it will have sends and busses. He is thinking a combination equalling up to 12. I recommended 4 sends and 8 busses personally. I am sure he would love hear everyone else's thoughts.

He is also working on a kick-ass optional monitoring section! heh

This console is gonna be amazing!
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear
wheres their sense of style...ground fx on the faders...maybe chandler can beadazzle the pots.
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Hi everyone-
Since the console is still in the works and so much has to be decided yet, please understand that all comments by me at this point are subject to change. The good thing is that since we are still in process that I may be able to incorporate some ideas into it (no guarantees though :-)

What you see in the picture is 12 channel, 6 buss, 2 send with GERM MAX Channels on each Channel and Buss. We are looking at a 16 channel with 8-12 buss/sends as being a standard config. The assign modules will also have mute, pan with in/out selection, and two solo groups.

Since the console is loadable with several types of Channels price will be quite flexible. Starting with Germ Tone Controls at $1450, TG Channels, LTD1s, and the upcoming GERM Max Channel which will be around $3500 each. As mentioned, you can load full channels as the buss amps as well. During testing this has become my favorite part of the console!

You can also use third party units with the desk. I dont know the all the logistics of this yet but we have tried Neve, SSL Telefunken, and API in the busses and channels and it works fine. I was surprised at how good and bad the various combos sounded so this is an option that must be carefully considered both by Chandler and the final user.

Meters- I think we will be going with the LED type but will have standard VUs on the stereo buss out.

Faders- I dont know if the Painton style faders will be standard or an option. We are still working on the tooling and costs for them which is expensive. Moving faders will hopefully be an option but I doubt that the Painton style will be able to be automated. DAW follow unknown at this time.

Control Room- We are still deciding on the control room as most of our work has been on the sound of the GERM Max Channels and the busses. It will certainly have monitoring of all busses and sends and external sources, four sets of speakers, mute , mono, dim, meters with selectable source (stereo buss, control room, external, etc)....

Cost of the frame itself is unknown at this time since so much is to be decided, but you can start to get an idea of the cost of the console by picking how you want the Channels and busses loaded. Generally speaking I wanted the console to be primarily based around the Channels and busses/sends and to maximize the SOUND of the desk. Keep in mind that the options and ancillary functions will increase the price (and building time/cost) so I would like to keep the console functions to what is really needed . Any thought on this would be greatly appreciated!
Best wishes
Wade
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAK View Post
I want Santa to give me one for Christmas
I got new plates for my van and the console
fits , it better, I'm goin' to Chandlerville

GAK
Confirmed Chandlerholic
Charter Member of Chanlerholics Anonymous
Dude that is hilarious!
I need one of the license plates!
Old 5th September 2007
Wade you must be smoking something good!! this console looks amazing and the concept is awesome!thumbsup
Congrats!
Old 5th September 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by bexarametric View Post
My wife just gave me that "look" as soon as she saw what I was looking at.
+1

lolzzzz

seriously, really inducing GAS pains right now....
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear
Maybe I missed this somewhere, but what are the red and black knobbed channel strips on the far right?
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

thanks wade, this really looks like a cool setup.

I am SUPER exited for the TGish channels.
Old 5th September 2007
Gear Maniac

does it fly?
Old 5th September 2007
Here for the gear

Wonderful

Now I'm going to play the lottery

Maybe one day...

Dreaming!

And drooling like Homer!
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodic_disaster View Post
does it fly?
do you even question it?
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

who lives in there, where the light is? hendrix and lennon?
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

What an amazing desk!!!!
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

A long way from reality, but what dreams are made of.

Dreaming....

Dreaming...
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnkenn View Post
Maybe I missed this somewhere, but what are the red and black knobbed channel strips on the far right?
They are proto type EMI ZenerBender channels. I do not have clearance from Abbey Road to make them yet but those are the start of what they could be.....
:-)
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade goeke View Post
They are proto type EMI ZenerBender channels. I do not have clearance from Abbey Road to make them yet but those are the start of what they could be.....
:-)
WOW!!!! With a TG pre at the top?!?!? WOW!!! That is almost too much to take!! lol

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search