The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Chandler Mixer... Picture! Warning... NOT shipping or taking orders yet... :) Consoles
Old 23rd December 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade goeke View Post
Right now Im planning for 4 mono and a stereo send :-)
Cool!

Still thinking about incorporating some bus send?

Any fader option?
Old 23rd December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
Cool!

Still thinking about incorporating some bus send?

Any fader option?
4 busses with inserts.
Faders will be an option I think...
Old 23rd December 2009
Quote:
4 busses with inserts.
Sweet
Old 23rd December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
4 busses with inserts.

i hope your talking about the mini mixer II!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if this has faders i will hold out to buy it no doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im really excited!!!!!!!!!
Old 27th December 2009
Lives for gear

sorry, i had to bump this again because i'm getting really excited from something i read in this thread, but fear i may have misinterpreted.

is the new chandler minimixerII going to be similar to the original, but with busses and faders???????

and if so, when is this dude coming out?????
and is it going to be priced similar to the minimixer that is now available?
Old 27th December 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Right now Im planning for 4 mono and a stereo send :-)

this is sounding great wade
Old 27th December 2009
Gear Maniac

interested in seeing if it is affordable.
Old 22nd January 2010
Any news?
Old 27th January 2010
Gear Addict

???
Old 27th January 2010
Lives for gear

I sort of lost interest in this thing. For me, if you tight on money but want at least 16 mic pre's and faders, the API 1028 is the way to go for around $50,000. If you have the money and want a more complete analog console with more EQ, compressors, stereo field editor, the Neve 5088 with the shadow faders is one of the best for under $100,000. The other of course in the same price range is the SSL 900W. But personally I would prefer the character of the Neve.
Old 29th January 2010
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube World View Post
I sort of lost interest in this thing.
I know for damn sure i didn't.
Old 29th January 2010
Gear Addict

I'm excited to hear more Wade

Already having pre's and eq's, it really interests me. The sound of the original Mini-Mixer is great.....but I've skipped on buying one because of no busses and/or auxes...

The API 1608 is great, I mix on the one in Blackbird H often. But why pay $50k for the API when it's available with plenty gear at affordable price?
Can also rent an ATR machinethumbsup

If the new Chandler stays under $10k I'd be able to mix indie projects thru a great sounding rig but still go else where when it's in the budget.
(hopefully with the Chandler I'd mix everything at my place and safe clients $ and charge more.)

But Nashville does have a number of great rooms with classic API, Neve desks and outboard gear in the 500-750 range....

Please keep us posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube World View Post
I sort of lost interest in this thing. For me, if you tight on money but want at least 16 mic pre's and faders, the API 1028 is the way to go for around $50,000. If you have the money and want a more complete analog console with more EQ, compressors, stereo field editor, the Neve 5088 with the shadow faders is one of the best for under $100,000. The other of course in the same price range is the SSL 900W. But personally I would prefer the character of the Neve.
Old 30th January 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Morgan View Post
I'm excited to hear more Wade

Already having pre's and eq's, it really interests me. The sound of the original Mini-Mixer is great.....but I've skipped on buying one because of no busses and/or auxes...
same here..... but i love that tone...

thats why i was so excited to hear that chandler is coming out with the mini-mixer II, which will have auxes, a master, and faders......

a dream come true!!!!!!!! i hope it actually happens....... and soon!!!!!!
Old 9th March 2010
Gear Addict

Any updates Wade?
Old 22nd March 2010
Lives for gear

Old 25th March 2010
Lives for gear

Hi,

What I have read is very interesting, faders, pans, aux(4 monos and one stereo), AND GROUPS !

But Wade, if you can, could you please try to sum-up the features you wish to put inside this future mixer please?

Many thanks.
Old 25th March 2010
I am also interested to know if there's been any progress since last time Wade chimed in?

It's exciting.
I've been lucky enough to use the TG1, TG Channel, Curve Bender and Tone Control recently so I can honestly say I have a lot of faith in the Super Mini
Old 26th March 2010
Lives for gear

I have been talking to Wade today at the Musikmesse in Frankfurt. There is some other very interesting stuff in the pipeline that has had a priority in the past months. But he is still working on the mixer.
Old 26th March 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmate View Post
I have been talking to Wade today at the Musikmesse in Frankfurt. There is some other very interesting stuff in the pipeline that has had a priority in the past months. But he is still working on the mixer.
Like this maybe?:

p.
Old 26th March 2010
Old 1st April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoundBadge View Post
Really?
So I take it you've heard both side by side..Lol.

Relax boss, i believe i'm entitled to an opinion. FWIW i have been using API equipment since about 1995. I've done sessions on the vintage 1604, as well as the new 1608. No i do not own either one, but i do own 512c's and a Chandler TG Channel MkII. So i would say i am at least familiar with the basic API "sound" as well as the Chandler (TG) sound. Both are obviously great.

My point was that for me, in my world (small commercial facility), i had been planning on maybe getting a 1608 at some point in the future to replace my current console, but if this Chandler desk actually comes to fruition i might have to rethink that. I'm really sorry i worded it in a way that wasn't "cool" with you.
Old 1st April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by piotr View Post
Like this maybe?:

p.
a cute half-rack tabletop thing would be seriously great.
Old 1st April 2010
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry b View Post
I'm really sorry i worded it in a way that wasn't "cool" with you.
nah..honestly i don't really care.
word it any way you want.
Old 3rd April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by piotr View Post
Like this maybe?:

p.
The "jumbo germ" preamps (to the left in the 3u unit) are unbelievable. Nothing else like 'em. So many possibilities. Jumbo germ + tone control = magic for my rhodes piano.
Old 3rd April 2010
Lives for gear

Pricing and availability?

Is Wade accepting pre-orders and/or reservations? What do we need to do to get our hands on these beasts?
Old 4th April 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by azirkin View Post
The "jumbo germ" preamps (to the left in the 3u unit) are unbelievable. Nothing else like 'em. So many possibilities. Jumbo germ + tone control = magic for my rhodes piano.
I want the exact unit in the picture!
OK, maybe not that exact piece, but one exactly like it! ;-)

p.
Old 4th April 2010
Lives for gear

Yea
On my last two records I've used the Germs, seriously somewhere, on almost EVERY SONG! So for me the super germs are a must on my "next buy mic pre list". Can't wait...

AA
Old 4th April 2010
Lives for gear

Whats this "Jumbo Germanium" pre amp? I'm really interested. I've got all but the germ preamps
Old 6th April 2010
bee
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddhu View Post
Pricing and availability?

Is Wade accepting pre-orders and/or reservations? What do we need to do to get our hands on these beasts?
Ditto! Those look amazing.
Old 6th April 2010
Lives for gear

Name for the "mini channel"

just take the parts amount ie 64 or 131, 277 total parts used or whatever and call it that!!
The chandler 129. It could be its own little odd ball.

Or "Odd ball"!!

or "Chndlr"..get it..Chandler except without the a and the...I'm trying.

I too hope that the "Chandler Full Format" (wink) comes into fruition one day.

I think I would also make the knobs a shinny silver metal and have the yellow and other colors just on the tops in the center. It would be like Yes this is Chandler and YES this is a freaking console.

Fun.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search