The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Chandler Mixer... Picture! Warning... NOT shipping or taking orders yet... :) Consoles
Old 20th September 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.F.F. View Post
Since I want one badly I was wondering if any one here would like to make me a fair offer for my (slightly used but pefectly serviceable) grandmother?
Life expectancy is getting higher and higher.
I've seen some pretty hot grandmothers these days let me tell ya...
Old 20th September 2009
Lives for gear

To tell the truth my grandmothers might be a bit of a restoration project.

One passed away in '74, the other towards the end of WWII.
Old 25th September 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCrunch View Post
I had an thought for the fader design. How about several LEDs of differing colors, maybe 4 or 5, and the ability to assign a color to individual faders or entire groups? That way, there is a visual indicator of groupings by color simply at a glance. The color would clearly be seen through the clear lexan . Even if the fader were to be a traditional fader, a clear window could be used to provide group indicators. Maybe mute groups, maybe subgroups, who knows... Any thoughts from others?

that was posted a while back and i've been slow getting back here but man would that be freaking cool!
Old 25th September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewurlitzerlife View Post
that was posted a while back and i've been slow getting back here but man would that be freaking cool!
The "super mini mixer" has this incorporated. I think I mentioned it before...???
Right now it is mute groups and there are four of them. You use two toggle switches to select which you want. Just hit the master mute buttons and it mutes all the channels except what you wat
My Neve broadcast desk has this and its very versatile and fast. Its been a must have for me and one of the things I will not do without on the "new mini"...

Cool?
Old 26th September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade goeke View Post
The "super mini mixer" has this incorporated. I think I mentioned it before...???
Right now it is mute groups and there are four of them. You use two toggle switches to select which you want. Just hit the master mute buttons and it mutes all the channels except what you wat
My Neve broadcast desk has this and its very versatile and fast. Its been a must have for me and one of the things I will not do without on the "new mini"...

Cool?
COOL!
Old 5th October 2009
Gear Addict

any updates on the "super mini mixer"?
Old 5th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Morgan View Post
any updates on the "super mini mixer"?
Workin on it!

Will take a bit though. Doing a mixer correctly is surely the hardest project you can take on.

Its a big priority for me though!!!
Old 5th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Workin on it!

Will take a bit though. Doing a mixer correctly is surely the hardest project you can take on.

Its a big priority for me though!!!

I think we (gearslutz) understand that...but we're like kids...We can't wait!
hehhehhehheh

my best wishes to your amazing project!

Cheu
Old 5th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheu78 View Post
I think we (gearslutz) understand that...but we're like kids...We can't wait!
hehhehhehheh

my best wishes to your amazing project!

Cheu
IIIIIIII cant wait to have one :-)

Old 5th October 2009
Gear Addict

good news!
i love your mini mixer, but i'm holding out for some extra busses.
thanks
Old 6th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
IIIIIIII cant wait to have one :-)

hehhehhehheh
Old 6th October 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Cool?

I've been waiting for this mixer/console with great anticipation. The very fact that you have opted to listen engage your user base during development is far more than other manufacturers seem to do. That fact alone gives me high hopes! Of course, the corollary to that is don't waste time here, get back to work so we can have this mixer!heh
Old 6th October 2009
Lives for gear

wow.....that looks DANK.
Old 6th October 2009
Lives for gear
That board is one the most beautiful things I've ever seen, holy sh*t..

Keep up the amazing work Wade your stuff sounds awesome!
Old 6th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCrunch View Post
I've been waiting for this mixer/console with great anticipation. The very fact that you have opted to listen engage your user base during development is far more than other manufacturers seem to do. That fact alone gives me high hopes! Of course, the corollary to that is don't waste time here, get back to work so we can have this mixer!heh
Thanks! Ive grown to need those items as well. I really hope the new one will cover that area for lots of us that dont want/need an SSL but cant to far the other direction!!!

OK back to work :-)
Old 6th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retinal View Post
That board is one the most beautiful things I've ever seen, holy sh*t..

Keep up the amazing work Wade your stuff sounds awesome!
Much appreciated!
Old 8th October 2009
Lives for gear

It does look amazing... wade any update for us Chandler junkies regarding the REDD preamp and the Altec/Abbey road compressor???? We want to know! See! Hear!
Old 8th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by baikonour View Post
It does look amazing... wade any update for us Chandler junkies regarding the REDD preamp and the Altec/Abbey road compressor???? We want to know! See! Hear!
Im finishing the Mini Mixer II, Devil pre, Devil channel module, Germ Channel, and our own line of plug ins before I look at those anymore....so it will be awhile!!!

:-)
Old 8th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Im finishing the Mini Mixer II, Devil pre, Devil channel module, Germ Channel, and our own line of plug ins before I look at those anymore....so it will be awhile!!!

Ok... Good to see you're busy!
Old 8th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:

NICE!! But I hope that "super germ" is up top of that list of new gear.

That would be very cool

AA
Old 8th October 2009
Gear Addict

any release date planned for the mini mixer II?
Old 8th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
our own line of plug ins
wow. native versions? no iLok?
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignatius View Post
wow. native versions? no iLok?
UAD-2 i hope!heh
Old 9th October 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by baikonour View Post
UAD-2 i hope!heh
I hope they have some sort of bullet proof copy protection, I don't care what it is

Are they in conjunction with softube?

matt
Old 9th October 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt thomas View Post
I hope they have some sort of bullet proof copy protection, I don't care what it is

Are they in conjunction with softube?

matt
You can't beat UA for protection as well as modeling expertise. Nice see some of our favorite manufacturers like Dave Derr as well as Manley joining the UA platform as well as big names like Neve, Roland and EMT etc... I'd love to see some Chandler plugs in there for sure.
Old 11th October 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Morgan View Post
any release date planned for the mini mixer II?
Yes, when???
Old 3rd November 2009
Lives for gear

Bump.

How is the mixer coming?

Any ruff draft photos you might want to share?

Income tax return time is just around the corner!

Old 3rd November 2009
Gear Maniac

Dear Father Christmas.

I have been a good boy and have helped a lot at home. I have been doing my homework every day and have mixed nice clean tracks. I have helped my mummy with the washing and have been properly gainstaging my tracks before mixing. I have tracked at low levels like a good little engineer. I have helped daddy with the garage (band) and have not pushed my masters (too) loud. Except that one time I mastered at -5dB for this song of a death metal band but it wasen't my fault it was the bands fault and I swear to God and hope to die I will never do death metal ever again untill next month. I haven't flamed too much on GS and have done no trolling whatsoever on the SOS forums.
So please, please, please would you be so kind as to bring me one of those sweet oldie looking (like you!) but newie sounding consoles that Mr. Chandler is doing? I'm sure Rudolf doesn't mind towing it in even though it might be a bit bigger that a tonka truck (or an actual truck for that matter).

Thanks a lot!
Old 3rd November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind-Over-Midi View Post
Bump.

How is the mixer coming?

in no way i can speak for wade (the man).

however, i have been discussing features of the new mixer with him extensively over the past months, and it appears to me that this thingy is still somewhat far on the horizon.

wade seems to be extremely serious about it, and it simply takes a lot of time to get it right.

that being said, this thing is probably going to be THE missing link on the small console/summing mixer market.

can't waaaaiiiiit....
Old 3rd November 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind-Over-Midi View Post
Bump.

How is the mixer coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmate View Post
in no way i can speak for wade (the man).

however, i have been discussing features of the new mixer with him extensively over the past months, and it appears to me that this thingy is still somewhat far on the horizon.

wade seems to be extremely serious about it, and it simply takes a lot of time to get it right.

that being said, this thing is probably going to be THE missing link on the small console/summing mixer market.

can't waaaaiiiiit....
Hey guys-
I am working on it. Im at the hardest and longest part of the project which is laying out all the "proto" circuit boards so i have something to assemble and start tweaking and modifying. At the moment Im trying to fit in all the options and features into that small package.
As Airmate said Im very into this project and I want it to be great. There are some cool things Im trying to put it so Im very excited about it and enjoying the time with it. Im sure it will be out sometime next year but its hard to say which part

Best wishes!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search