The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Chandler Mixer... Picture! Warning... NOT shipping or taking orders yet... :) Consoles
Old 16th July 2009
Led
Lives for gear

I haven't had time to go through the whole thread, so please forgive me if this is covered, but those faders...they look beautiful but has anyone tried doing fader moves with them? Akward to say the least, IMHO. I had a pair of modules that came with those faders, I kept them because they looked so cool..until I tried riding vocals on the way in with them. A modern flat faced fader is a lot easier to work with if you use the faders on a console.
I know some don't and just use daw automation.
Old 16th July 2009
Lives for gear

pffft!

party pooper!

get thee to the minibar!
Old 16th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Led View Post
I haven't had time to go through the whole thread, so please forgive me if this is covered, but those faders...they look beautiful but has anyone tried doing fader moves with them? Akward to say the least, IMHO. I had a pair of modules that came with those faders, I kept them because they looked so cool..until I tried riding vocals on the way in with them. A modern flat faced fader is a lot easier to work with if you use the faders on a console.
I know some don't and just use daw automation.
you missed some points.

the console is far away from being released.
some smaller consoler is on the horizon.
Old 16th July 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade goeke View Post
One minibar added to the list!
First mixing desk with fridge

Beerholder please

What about busses with different transfomer coloring options?

Thinking about it and loosing contact to reality..
Old 16th July 2009
Lives for gear

More sends!
Old 16th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Necola View Post
First mixing desk with fridge

Beerholder please

What about busses with different transfomer coloring options?

Thinking about it and loosing contact to reality..
Hey George.
There will be some interesting combinations for sound choice. Im still working on it so dont want to say too much, but I should be more than expected :-)

thumbsup
Old 16th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubrichie View Post
and a minibar!
Good way to cool down the insides of the console!
Old 16th July 2009
Gear Addict

I'd be fine with less busses, but more sends please. I think you will attract more DAW based producers/engineers with this than anything, folks that have played with other summing units and small footprint mixers but want something a better sounding and more flexible. 8 busses is overkill and and 2 Mono sends is too little. At least 4 sends bare minimum, preferabbly 2 stereo 4 mono.

And for Pre-Amps/EQ, on a 16 channel mixer, instead of having 16 Pre Amps and no EQ, or 16 EQ and no Pre Amps, what if you just did 8 channels with Pre Amp AND EQ, and the other 8 with nuffin. I think most DAW based producers have about 8 channels that are meat and potatoes, very important and need quality sonics (of course ideally all channels need quality sonics), and the rest are support. And the remaining 8 channels, people could just outboard those with pre-amps and eqs if needed, or EQ those ITB. I'm not that experienced with consoles at the moment, but this would be more interesting to me as a DAW based producer, interested in analogue mixing/summing.

And for the remaining 8 channels, maybe you could sell Chandler EQ's and Pre-Amps at a small Chandler Super-Mini Mixer owner discount to those who own one and want to add eQ/pre's in the future.
Old 16th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacosWhenTwisted View Post
I think you will attract more DAW based producers/engineers
It will be attractive if I get the Jackpot in the lottery next weekend otherwise I will stay with a pussy summing unit. I thought we have a crises I read minimum 5 people here into ordering one..... I think we have no crises.

Anyway liked the picture but LEDs???
And the faders look like I am in an amusement park. Bu that is just my taste.

Wouldn't normal faders without light work also and make that thing a bit cheaper?
Old 16th July 2009
Quote:
Hey George.
There will be some interesting combinations for sound choice. Im still working on it so dont want to say too much, but I should be more than expected :-)

thumbsup
if I discover more then 50% of your design ideas, I get one for free heh
Old 16th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by george necola View Post
if i discover more then 50% of your design ideas, i get one for free heh
:-(

:-)
Old 16th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'd be fine with less busses, but more sends please. I think you will attract more DAW based producers/engineers with this than anything, folks that have played with other summing units and small footprint mixers but want something a better sounding and more flexible. 8 busses is overkill and and 2 Mono sends is too little. At least 4 sends bare minimum, preferabbly 2 stereo 4 mono.

And for Pre-Amps/EQ, on a 16 channel mixer, instead of having 16 Pre Amps and no EQ, or 16 EQ and no Pre Amps, what if you just did 8 channels with Pre Amp AND EQ, and the other 8 with nuffin. I think most DAW based producers have about 8 channels that are meat and potatoes, very important and need quality sonics (of course ideally all channels need quality sonics), and the rest are support. And the remaining 8 channels, people could just outboard those with pre-amps and eqs if needed, or EQ those ITB. I'm not that experienced with consoles at the moment, but this would be more interesting to me as a DAW based producer, interested in analogue mixing/summing.

And for the remaining 8 channels, maybe you could sell Chandler EQ's and Pre-Amps at a small Chandler Super-Mini Mixer owner discount to those who own one and want to add eQ/pre's in the future.
The "super mini" wont have eq/pres built in...is that what you meant? Anything like that would be separate kind of like the little TG modules we have made. So you would only have to get what you need....
Old 16th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
The "super mini" wont have eq/pres built in...is that what you meant? Anything like that would be separate kind of like the little TG modules we have made. So you would only have to get what you need....
PERFECT!!
Old 16th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by indie View Post
PERFECT!!
Hey Micah!
Old 16th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
2 Mono sends is too little. At least 4 sends bare minimum, preferabbly 2 stereo 4 mono.
that's exactly what i'm saying! AT LEAST 4 sends - 4 mono plus 1 stereo or even 4 mono plus 2 stereo would be MUCH better...

but this looks like finally a hi quality mixing/summing unit with enough auxes is on the horizon. wow, after all these years... heh
Old 17th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmate View Post
that's exactly what i'm saying! AT LEAST 4 sends - 4 mono plus 1 stereo or even 4 mono plus 2 stereo would be MUCH better...

but this looks like finally a hi quality mixing/summing unit with enough auxes is on the horizon. wow, after all these years... heh
Ill do my best!!!
Old 17th July 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:

Or this
Old 17th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ill do my best!!!
i'm sure about that!
Old 18th August 2009
Lives for gear

July 17th - August 17th
One Month Bump!
Old 18th September 2009
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticglobe View Post
Wade sent me this picture. I talked him into letting me post this here. heh

Click on the picture to get a full size shot....

I.... Want.... To..... Go..... To....... There........
Old 18th September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by HananR View Post
I.... Want.... To..... Go..... To....... There........

...Me too...

one day maybe..
Btw any news about this baby?

Bests,

Cheu
Old 18th September 2009
Lives for gear

Since I want one badly I was wondering if any one here would like to make me a fair offer for my (slightly used but pefectly serviceable) grandmother?
Old 18th September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.F.F. View Post
Since I want one badly I was wondering if any one here would like to make me a fair offer for my (slightly used but pefectly serviceable) grandmother?
Old 18th September 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.F.F. View Post
I was thinking to something a little bit more easy to sell ..(with all the respect for you grandma)...I offer a kidney...
heh
..just kidding..

Hopefully Wade will chime in and making us very happy and very sad at the same time..

Bests,

Cheu
Old 18th September 2009
Gear Nut

Yes, please!
Old 19th September 2009

I'm pretty sure Wade announced a while ago that he's not going ahead with this for now, but instead is doing an expanded version of their current mini rack mixer.

matt
Old 19th September 2009
Lives for gear

Thank you Matt, I've missed that part, sorry about that...
So the good news is that I have time to save the money...
hehhehheh

Bests,

Cheu
Old 19th September 2009

here's what he said when asked about when this mixer was coming out (a while back in this thread)

Quote:
Not anytime soon if it does happen, especially with this economy. As mentioned earlier I would probably do something more like a "Super Mini Mixer" first...Right now Im finishing the Little Devils and the Limited Edition Germanium Channels, so Im pretty busy...
I wish I had a clone :-) :-) :-)
matt
Old 19th September 2009
Lives for gear

This console should be called, The Chandler Mythical Mixer. heh
Old 20th September 2009
Lives for gear

Not being made in the foreseeable future?

That's sad, oh well nevermind … btw despite the extremely generous offer I think I'll keep my grandmother for now. You know who you are…

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search