The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Chandler Mixer... Picture! Warning... NOT shipping or taking orders yet... :) Consoles
Old 12th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambro View Post
there is a lot of danger involved in this thread...

I think that must be Wade's middle name

take that back..I know it
Danger good or danger bad?

Old 12th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceantracks View Post
Got news for ya...those ARE nice faders....

TH
We checked with a "fader company" on making them. They wanted $500,000 for 1000 of them.
UGH.

I Love em though....We'll see I guess.
Old 12th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade goeke View Post
We checked with a "fader company" on making them. They wanted $500,000 for 1000 of them.
UGH.

I Love em though....We'll see I guess.
$500 a piece? Is my math right?

AA
Old 12th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Weight View Post
$500 a piece? Is my math right?

AA
The problem here doesnt seem to be the price per unit, but more like the minimum quantity.....
Old 12th July 2009
Lives for gear

Sorry but those fader look cheap and nasty. Take those LED style lights out please! Other than that this thing looks frikken A M A Z I N G. I'm not being an arsehole i think it will be an amazing product, just my opinion of course!
Old 13th July 2009
Lives for gear

Well 24 faders would put you at $12,000 just for faders. Im not sure many people would go for that...Even not considering price I think it would be better to make them another way...We'll see.
Old 13th July 2009
Gear Addict

Dear Wade

Which market would you be going for? If the Wunder console is your competition the $500/fader might be in line, LOL. But I bet you oculd sell a ton of consoles in the $30,000-$50,000 range. Once the economy starts to turn around that is.

I would say that as long as you stay true to your Chandler roots, you will have a lot of us slutz behind whatever choices you make for a console. We will be happy to have one from you!

Be encouraged,

Rob
Old 13th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMJAZZ View Post
Which market would you be going for? If the Wunder console is your competition the $500/fader might be in line, LOL. But I bet you oculd sell a ton of consoles in the $30,000-$50,000 range. Once the economy starts to turn around that is.

I would say that as long as you stay true to your Chandler roots, you will have a lot of us slutz behind whatever choices you make for a console. We will be happy to have one from you!

Be encouraged,

Rob
Thanks man. I appreciate the support on it :-) Thats the range we wold shoot for in the "console" area. Im still very into doing the "super mini mixer" but both would be based on similar guts.
Old 13th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks man. I appreciate the support on it :-) Thats the range we wold shoot for in the "console" area. Im still very into doing the "super mini mixer" but both would be based on similar guts.
WHOAA!! WAIT A MINUTE! What "super mini mixer" we talking about here?
Am I just being a slut or are we talking about the mixers you make now?
Old 13th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
WHOAA!! WAIT A MINUTE! What "super mini mixer" we talking about here?
Am I just being a slut or are we talking about the mixers you make now?
Its a new rack mixer we are experimenting with. Its an "all in"version of the mini mixer.
We would still make the original mixer.....
Its been discussed in previous posts....I think :-)
Old 13th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Its a new rack mixer we are experimenting with. Its an "all in"version of the mini mixer.
what does that mean in terms of busses and aux sends/returns?
Old 13th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmate View Post
what does that mean in terms of busses and aux sends/returns?
Still in process but Im working on 8 buss 2 send...It a lot to pack in, especially with all those discrete amps!
Old 13th July 2009
Quote:
Still in process but Im working on 8 buss 2 send...It a lot to pack in, especially with all those discrete amps!
thumbsup

what about 4 sends?
Old 13th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Necola View Post
thumbsup

what about 4 sends?
Hey George!
Im really working on the function right now. In the end it will have as much as I can fit!
thumbsup
thumbsup
thumbsup
Old 13th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
We would still make the original mixer.....
Its been discussed in previous posts....I think :-)
What a good company you are running Wade.
A big thank you for delivering good products and listening to the community!

Cheers,
Pupo
Old 13th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpupo74 View Post
What a good company you are running Wade.
A big thank you for delivering good products and listening to the community!

Cheers,
Pupo
Why thank you :-)

I really do appreciate it. Id hate for this to become too much like a job :-)

Last edited by wade goeke; 14th July 2009 at 02:35 AM.. Reason: I wish I could spell!
Old 14th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
please consider to let it have as many sends as possible, as this would really make a difference compared to all the other summing mixers / small mixers on the market.

i for one need at least 6 sends for reverb, delays and parallel compression and this is why none of the summing mixers recently available is interesting for me. there's not a single one out there with this feature, which really is a bummer.
Old 14th July 2009
Lives for gear

Yea, I gotta agree.

The sound of my Ltd-1 and the experience with Wade when I needed help are two things that are just out-of-this-world to me.

I would *LOVE* a DAW "mini" mixer front end. Something like the 1608, but not $46,000.

I will wait to see what Wade does next....

best wishes to you. Keep it up!!!
Old 14th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
or let me put it this way: what's completely missing on the market at the moment is a solution with the feature set of a mackie 1604 and a great (dare i say class a) signal path that does not cost $50.000.

the eqs could even be a (500 series?) option, as most of the people who are in the market for such a mixer probably already have a good variety of outboard eqs.

but there simply is not a single solution that comes remotely close to that in terms of routing capabilities.
Old 14th July 2009
Lives for gear

Man...If you can make a mixer that sounds just like the one you already make, but add some features like pre-fader inserts (if you are doing pre's or channel strips), auxes (sends and dedicated returns would be nice), busses, etc that would be awesome. The current minimixer already sounds pretty awesome to me from a sonic standpoint.
Old 14th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire Prod View Post
Man...If you can make a mixer that sounds just like the one you already make, but add some features like pre-fader inserts (if you are doing pre's or channel strips), auxes (sends and dedicated returns would be nice), busses, etc that would be awesome. The current minimixer already sounds pretty awesome to me from a sonic standpoint.
This is exactly what the "super mini mixer" is. The MINI Mixer, class A circuit, with 8 buss/2 send/insert points/direct outs/solo and small fader. Basically everything we've learned and discussed over the last several years having the MINI.

The price will be WAAAAY below any of the things being mentioned.
So this is good right?
:-)

The object for me is NOT to offer something like a 1608 or AWS, if you get my meaning.

Airmate and Infernal does this cover you as well?
Old 14th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
please consider to let it have as many sends as possible, as this would really make a difference compared to all the other summing mixers / small mixers on the market.

i for one need at least 6 sends for reverb, delays and parallel compression and this is why none of the summing mixers recently available is interesting for me. there's not a single one out there with this feature, which really is a bummer.
Ive been messing with 8 buss/2 send because it is the best use of space. Busses would probably take the front plate room of four sends. Since it seems that most are wanting busses for submixes and eq/compression, I thought that was a good middle place.

Am I right or wrong on this?
Old 14th July 2009
8 x stereo bus?
or
8 x mono?
Old 14th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
8 x stereo bus?
or
8 x mono?
Hey Jules get your feet off the console!

Um 8 mono busses and 2 mono sends.
Old 14th July 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:
or let me put it this way: what's completely missing on the market at the moment is a solution with the feature set of a mackie 1604 and a great (dare i say class a) signal path that does not cost $50.000.

the eqs could even be a (500 series?) option, as most of the people who are in the market for such a mixer probably already have a good variety of outboard eqs.

but there simply is not a single solution that comes remotely close to that in terms of routing capabilities.
+1000

I know it's a pipe dream, but if someone could do a 24ch desk, no EQ, but 24 ch of good pres, routing and faders with balanced direct outs, i'd sh*t myself. I'd give my firstborn if they could make it affordable.
Old 14th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
This is exactly what the "super mini mixer" is. The MINI Mixer, class A circuit, with 8 buss/2 send/insert points/direct outs/solo and small fader. Basically everything we've learned and discussed over the last several years having the MINI.

The price will be WAAAAY below any of the things being mentioned.
So this is good right?
This is freaking perfect!!! Glad you aren't changing the sonics, because in my opinion the minimixer is the best sounding mixer currently being produced (that I have heard). Damn!!! I wasn't planning on spending more cash on my home setup, but this is what I have been dreaming about for a while, and now you are actually making it. When you are able to give a guesstimate about the street price, I would love to know so I can start putting away some cash.

P.S. please give us insert points on the busses
Old 14th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire Prod View Post
This is freaking perfect!!! Glad you aren't changing the sonics, because in my opinion the minimixer is the best sounding mixer currently being produced (that I have heard). Damn!!! I wasn't planning on spending more cash on my home setup, but this is what I have been dreaming about for a while, and now you are actually making it. When you are able to give a guesstimate about the street price, I would love to know so I can start putting away some cash.

P.S. please give us insert points on the busses
I dont want to mention any prices until Im sure of what it will take to implement everything. Ive still got a few tricks Im playing with as well.

Rest assured it will be a much better deal than the big boats anchors being made. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Maybe I shouldn't say that :-)

Inserts will be on busses. No doubt about that!
Old 14th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ive been messing with 8 buss/2 send because it is the best use of space. Busses would probably take the front plate room of four sends. Since it seems that most are wanting busses for submixes and eq/compression, I thought that was a good middle place.

maybe it's just me, but i don't see the need of 8 busses on a small mixer like this one. we're still talking 16 channels, don't we?
that means that most signals running through the mixer will be daw-busses anyway.

i for one could live with 4 or maybe only 2 mono busses, but less then 4 (preferably 6) aux sends would be the absolute deal breaker for me.

i don't know if i'm the only one still using hardware reverb units (quantec and lexicon heh), but i NEED those aux sends. as i wrote above, NONE of the summing / small mixing solutions recently available offers more than 2 aux sends.
and this is why the only (relatively) small footprint mixer i would feel comfortable with would be the api 1608. but then i don't need all the preamps, 8 busses plus 8 sends is nice but not absolutely necessary, and 50 grand is rather steep.
if there only was a smaller class a solution with 4 busses and 4-6 aux sends, i'd buy it in a heartbeat.

btw: it can't be said often enough - it's a mixing engineer's dream coming true to be able to publicly discuss feature sets of future units with the designer himself. so many other companies should listen to their customers like you do, wade!
Old 14th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
I dont want to mention any prices until Im sure of what it will take to implement everything. Ive still got a few tricks Im playing with as well.

Rest assured it will be a much better deal than the big boats anchors being made. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Maybe I shouldn't say that :-)

Inserts will be on busses. No doubt about that!
Sweet!thumbsup That thing is going to be awesome. If you can get the price right count me in for 32 channels.
Old 14th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:

Hi Wade,

I think it is a matter of work flow, but I agree with what airmate said; the mixer will be mostly used by DAW people (a lot these days). I like the idea of using effects after summing has been made. 16 ch with 4 mono auxes and a stereo would be great. Then it'll become the one and only summing mini console with more than two auxes. I dont see the use of 8 busses on a 16 ch console, but maybe it's just me.

Thanks again!
Pupo

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search