The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Chandler Mixer... Picture! Warning... NOT shipping or taking orders yet... :) Consoles
Old 25th December 2008
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by bforest4 View Post
good idea!
I know right? The Universal Mix Control is not going to do what I'm talking about. You can parallel comp 1 stereo stem (and for most of us it'd be a digital stereo stem....booo) or the master bus....unless you had 4 stereo ones located in the Mini-Mixer and just ditched the monitoring facilities. They're nice but most of us have monitoring facilites already stuffed into our controller or Ergo or whatever else we use. If not, there's plenty out there. If I bought a Mini-Mixer I'd have 3 monitoring facitilites all feeding into each other needlessly. I feel summing mixers should stick to summing.....and what's summing without busses? Auxes would take up too much real estate with extra knobs on every channel. 4 stereo busses is where summing mixers need to be. ....imagine sending the kick to 1, snare to 2, toms and OH to 3/4 and then being able to press stereo buss 1 on those channels, sending them to your Alan Smart C1.......then taking the vocals from 5/6 and sending it to your Thermionic Culture Phoenix......sweet. All the while just blending them in with the turn of a single knob. Someone may get really rich off this idea. If you do, at least send me a demo unit for a thank you.
Merry Christmas guys and gals.
Old 26th December 2008
That's called a "summing console" - or will be when it's too heavy for a rack and you want recall and an arm rest and maybe even a few more channels you you can use it to defeat latency during tracking and you need more busses and then you want aux sends....

For close what it would cost to do that, you can get a mixing console with EQ on every channel.
Old 26th December 2008
Lives for gear
Recall on a summing mixer! What a waste of time. It's a summing console. Basically the most stripped down version of a mixer. Seems counter-intuitive to add recall or any other luxury item. I could use the arm rest though. I'm not asking to add something without taking something else away. Strip down the unit by taking out all the unnecessary monitor frills and add a much needed bus system. If anybody can do it then it's Chandler. I mean they already have the Universal Mix Control so the technology is definitely there. You'd basically be taking out something already offered by many companies and adding something offered by nobody. It's a no-brainer. Giant hole in the market.
Old 27th December 2008
It's offered by a ton of people - it's called a mixing console.

My use of "summing console" is purely sarcastic as I'm sure that were are evenutallu going to go full circle and end up using full fledged mixing consoles after cuttng them back to summing boxes and adding features until we have arrived at summing consoles.
Old 27th December 2008
Lives for gear

In my opinion as a graphic designer and engineer I think you should consider having the crazy lookin faders as an option and have some nice faders as standard.

Also, I really would advise that you take a second look at those meters. One MAJOR attraction to me anyways is the meters on the bridge of the console. I like plasmas but VUs are fine. I understand that you may not be able to fit VUs in this thing but I would look at something a bit more high resolution and smoother than a 10-12 segment LED. Thats just my opinion. Something that lets you see how the track dances....I like seeing that as it helps determine how I mix overall.....call me crazy but its true.
Old 28th December 2008
Lives for gear

For Sale....

One rather elderly female unit in fair working order...leaks a little and has selective deafness. A good runner whenever in the vicinity of something that smells like a bargain...

Comes with several inbuilt sample loops including... *In my day* .... *I'm 82 next year*.

Buyer collects.....
Old 29th December 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
In my opinion as a graphic designer and engineer I think you should consider having the crazy lookin faders as an option and have some nice faders as standard.

Also, I really would advise that you take a second look at those meters. One MAJOR attraction to me anyways is the meters on the bridge of the console. I like plasmas but VUs are fine. I understand that you may not be able to fit VUs in this thing but I would look at something a bit more high resolution and smoother than a 10-12 segment LED. Thats just my opinion. Something that lets you see how the track dances....I like seeing that as it helps determine how I mix overall.....call me crazy but its true.

yeah wade...............

i know it would probably incur further cost, but VUs would definitely be far more cool than plasma or led metering...........
maybe an option might be to have optional interchangeable units, giving the punter the choice, maybe a penthouse frame like the rupert neve desk.........??

BTW any more news on developements?

cheers.........
Old 4th January 2009
Gear Maniac

loool wade , make a console, and that's it !heh
i'm selling mine, here :
FS in EU : chandler mini mixer 32 channels
Old 7th March 2009
Lives for gear

Hi Wade.......

Do you have any more news on the console........???
Is it still a possibility? Pleeze let the Slutz know!!!!

All the best..........
Old 8th March 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drezz View Post
Hi Wade.......

Do you have any more news on the console........???
Is it still a possibility? Pleeze let the Slutz know!!!!

All the best..........
Not anytime soon if it does happen, especially with this economy. As mentioned earlier I would probably do something more like a "Super Mini Mixer" first...Right now Im finishing the Little Devils and the Limited Edition Germanium Channels, so Im pretty busy...
I wish I had a clone :-) :-) :-)
Old 8th March 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade goeke View Post
Not anytime soon if it does happen, especially with this economy. As mentioned earlier I would probably do something more like a "Super Mini Mixer" first...Right now Im finishing the Little Devils and the Limited Edition Germanium Channels, so Im pretty busy...
I wish I had a clone :-) :-) :-)
make an 24-32ch line console w/ killer EQ, small format board, lots of routing,AUX,busses, meterbridge and you have lots of byuers. everybody uses external pre's & compression anyway .. i would throw automation & DAW control but that will reach fewer people..

yea.. economy.
Old 10th March 2009
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos View Post
make an 24-32ch line console w/ killer EQ, small format board, lots of routing,AUX,busses, meterbridge and you have lots of byuers. everybody uses external pre's & compression anyway .. i would throw automation & DAW control but that will reach fewer people..

yea.. economy.

YOU READ MY MIND!!! This should DEF. be the next project to work on. I love the Mini Mixer's sound, but it lacks features for what I need. I think you would have MANY MANY people interested in something like this.... Wade, please, please, please....
Old 10th March 2009
Lives for gear
so long as ideas are being thrown around how about an inline console (2 inputs p/channel), 24 channels, with automation on all 48 inputs? DAW control is a biggie for me. i know this all starts to get expensive but what's the harm fantasizing a little?
Old 17th March 2009
Gear Addict

Quote:

yea.. economy.

+1, even though I wouldnt be able to afford it for a few years.
Old 17th March 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:

yea.. economy.
well, that would be a SSL AWS 900 (24 ch only) but without the pre's...

Quote:
Originally Posted by raal View Post
so long as ideas are being thrown around how about an inline console (2 inputs p/channel), 24 channels, with automation on all 48 inputs? DAW control is a biggie for me. i know this all starts to get expensive but what's the harm fantasizing a little?
and that would be the SSL Matrix but with extra 8 channels!

by the way... I'm not endorsed by or affiliated with SSL...
Old 17th March 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Spot View Post
well, that would be a SSL AWS 900 (24 ch only) but without the pre's...
which will lower the price for around 25k-30k (maybe less then that) on the 2nd hand market (and im not talking ebay prices) .. that will definitely reach many people worldwide, including me.

ssl 24ch line w/ eq, automation, total recal, 2 xrack dynamics, g buss compression and meterbrige, yummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Spot View Post
and that would be the SSL Matrix but with extra 8 channels!
i think ssl have fallen with the Matrix, worng thinking and bad market search lead to expensive product without one of the most importent futures on a console (eq).
Old 17th March 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
i think ssl have fallen with the Matrix, worng thinking and bad market search lead to expensive product without one of the most importent futures on a console (eq).
Just by a SSL Duende and you get all the EQ's and compressors you want.
Old 17th March 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tube World View Post
Just by a SSL Duende and you get all the EQ's and compressors you want.
im sure its great but im not a Duende person heh ...
Old 17th March 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
im sure its great but im not a Duende person heh ...
That's fine, but if you have a SSL Matrix, and you don't like that it lacks EQ, the best option is to go with the Duende as it is the exact same SSL EQ and compressors that they have on their digital mixers.
Old 17th March 2009
Lives for gear

FWIW, I'd be happy to work on most consoles these days as it is beit SSL AWS, Duality, Matrix, Genesys, C200, Euphonix (maybe not), old G's/J's, Neve's, Manley Mixer, Dangerous, Chandler, etc...

I really don't think too much when it comes to tools. To me, it's important that I get what I need right now and not next year or so. I only plan on being in this business for another 10 years so I'm putting more emphasis on getting work done than waiting for the 'perfect console'.

The economy is bad, yes, but it could be worse. I'm making most of the situation by letting it motivate me to work more and harder.

So back to consoles..... Buy whatever you need to get the job done right now... and trade up/off when the 'dream console' ships.

For me, it's the AWS900. Am I completely happy with it? No, it could be improved here and there -- but I can't wait.

OK... I'm finished talking! heh

Let me get back on topic and say that I really hope to see Wade up and shipping this console which I think would be a hit. But he's right. The timing isn't right to release a serious console at the moment -- especially with the economy looking like it's going to drop even more...

Hang in there everyone! But let's also don't forget that most of us can 'get by' with the tools we already have.
Old 10th July 2009
Lives for gear

chandler mixer info hunger...........!!!

hi wade.........

any further plans for chandler mixer..........large or small? would love to know.........

cheers..........
Old 10th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by drezz View Post
hi wade.........

any further plans for chandler mixer..........large or small? would love to know.........

cheers..........
Yeah we will be doing something, probably smaller than large. No schedule yet as there are too many things being worked on....
Ill probably make a couple versions and see what I like IE- expanded mini mixer with ALL options, and an actual console type thing.

These things are happening first though...
GERM Channels
Possibly another Devil
Chandler Plug in Line (not with abbey road).
Old 10th July 2009
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Woah.......YES!!!!!
Old 11th July 2009
Gear Addict

Wade Wade Wade

I think you are going to make me piss my wife off very very soon! I love everything Chandler! Is there a support group or something? LOL

Keep the good stuff coming, and add me to your promo list when the console gets worked out....

Rob
Old 11th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
GERM Channels
Possibly another Devil
What's up Wade!

I've probably been missing out but these were the first set of plug-ins that I REALLY liked! Looking forward to see what you have in store!

So.....New Devil, huh?
Can you give us any info?

By the way did the little channel and the beatles channel get scraped?

AA
Old 11th July 2009
Lives for gear

Hey guys-

Yeah Ive still got the Mini Channel thing. The ZenerBender depends on Abbey Road. Since they were bought out its been very slow down that route...

Devil..Ive got a working opto Devil, so Im just deciding if I should do it or not.

I think right now Ill be biggest on the plugs cause we have so much hardware already.
We are just finishing up a contract with a programmer for 22 plugs in over roughly two years (probably will end up being longer).
All types of stuff but it WILL NOT be a bunch more vintage reissue crap. Although they will be vintage-esque they will be useful creative things with the Chandler stamp on the sound and function.

So we have lots in the works and its back to thinking about the order of things again.
:-)
Old 12th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
So we have lots in the works and its back to thinking about the order of things again.
:-)
RS124 first, please! heh
Old 12th July 2009
Gear Maniac

there is a lot of danger involved in this thread...

I think that must be Wade's middle name

take that back..I know it
Old 12th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Got news for ya...those ARE nice faders....

TH
Old 12th July 2009
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmate View Post
RS124 first, please! heh
So much to do!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search