The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Chandler Mixer... Picture! Warning... NOT shipping or taking orders yet... :) Consoles
Old 31st October 2008
Lives for gear

Only a freakin' sadist would release such products in these tough times.

Old 31st October 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
They are new circuits not Germ or TG but they have some very nice roots in the designs
this sound good .. a new chandler philosophy ?
Old 31st October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade goeke View Post
I dont really want to completely spill the beans until Im 100% they will be coming out. At this point it is looking very good :-)

They are new circuits not Germ or TG but they have some very nice roots in the designs.....

They work great even with the worst API supply you can find :-)
You can't tease your loyal fanbase like this! Give us a few bones please.

Chandler in 500 series.....sleepless until NAMM
Old 31st October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post
Making Germanium units for the mini-rack I think would be a great idea to compete with the 500 series stuff. Not sure if you could stuff the tone Control and the Pre into one module though. But seperate pre, eq and comp modules priced close enough to the 500 stuff would be killer. To think if you could have the TG2 pre w/ a high/low cut switch in one slot and the full TG EQ in another and a Germ EQ in another? That would be pretty awesome if it were doable and priced right.
+1

I would love to see more units for the Mini Module Frame at about the price point for 500 series modules (+- $1000).
Old 31st October 2008
Gear Head

whoa

that looks totally rad... TO THE MAX!!!
Old 31st October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveWall View Post
that looks totally rad... TO THE MAX!!!
Wow... Are you a time traveller from the 80's? heh
Old 31st October 2008
Lives for gear

Hi Wade, a new version of the TG Mini Mixer would be great! I'd really like to buy a summing solution that is not a fully featured console, but not as limited as most summing mixers either. Couldn't you put 4-5 aux sends/returns in the new one?
This is the weak point of ALL summing mixers - they just don't have sufficient aux capabilities.

I'm thinking of:
- 16 channels (maybe expandable)
- pan/mute on each channel
- 4 mono, 1 stereo aux send
- small center section with the aux returns and maybe an insert

I'd buy this one in a heartbeat!
Old 31st October 2008
Gear Head

holy sh..i gotta sell this house.
Old 31st October 2008

hi wade

so you're saying that you could patch into the germ channel at each stage separately and use the pre, the eq and comp on different sources? In this case there would be an obvious benefit to having feedback on each section.

But I wouldn't like to detract from other features, as you will have a lot of knobs to fit on the front panel!

narco
Old 7th November 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEMAS View Post
A perfect 500 series version of the TC for me would have:

1. A variable HPF - maybe 7 or 8 settings between 20 and 400

2. Something very similar to the thick section of the TC, keeping the interactive / independent option.... Except change the cut range to something like 60 to 700 and change the boost range to something like 35 to 500. But

3. A simple Mid-High Cut/Boost - about 8 to 10 frequencies from 400 to 16k with shelf/bell switch.
YES! A Dual HPF and LPF in 500 format. YES!!!! Just that would be so useful.
Old 2nd December 2008
Gear Maniac

Old 2nd December 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade goeke View Post
Hey Guys-
Any preference on the GERM Channel having gain/feedback on each section? I was not sure if that would be too much tweaking. You can patch in and out of each section so it may be useful...

I was thinking it would be overkill and would personally prefer it just on the mic/line input......
???

Thanks for any thoughts!

Hey Wade feedback circuit would have me sold wilth all the other stuff
Old 2nd December 2008
Lives for gear

hey,
....so wade.......any idea when this unit may potentially ship? and also any idea of the price, for example 12 channels fully loaded? or maybe just for the frame........... are you still going with the painton faders? any chance of compatibility with 500 series???
this thread seems to have been a little quiet over the last month or so.......just wondered if there was any fresh news...........

cheers......
Old 2nd December 2008
Lives for gear

I like Chandler pre's and EQ, but I would not want all my tracks to run through them since they are so colored. However a channel strip or two in a rack would be a nice thing.

Just one person's opinion.
Old 3rd December 2008
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubilay View Post
My new desktop picture...

+4362!!!!!!!!
Old 9th December 2008
Gear Maniac

Wade, any news on your Germanium Channel ? heh
Old 13th December 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by primitive View Post
+4362!!!!!!!!
me too.

has been mine for the last few months. since wade posted it really.

love the chandler!

thumbsup
Old 13th December 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmate View Post
Hi Wade, a new version of the TG Mini Mixer would be great! I'd really like to buy a summing solution that is not a fully featured console, but not as limited as most summing mixers either. Couldn't you put 4-5 aux sends/returns in the new one?
This is the weak point of ALL summing mixers - they just don't have sufficient aux capabilities.

I'm thinking of:

Make that two.
GJ
Newcastle/OZ
Old 13th December 2008
Gear Nut

Quote:

I'm thinking of:

MAKE THAT THREE!!! I'd buy that THE DAY it came out, seriously, please Wade!!!!
Old 13th December 2008
Gear Nut

wow!
Old 13th December 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:

I'm thinking of:

Add a faderpack per 16ch. and I'll buy it!!
Old 14th December 2008
Gear Maniac

yeah ! do it quick before I buy a console !! or modify mines !
Old 15th December 2008
Here for the gear

Holy cats!
Old 17th December 2008
Lives for gear

So where it be at?
Old 17th December 2008
Gear Maniac

Yeah, where it be at Mr. Wade?!? heh heh
Old 18th December 2008
Lives for gear
I don't see why we don't have a 4 stereo bus summing mixer yet. Most of us have several stereo compressors we'd like to use on say drum bus, gtr bus, vocal bus, etc. Would be nice to be able to parallel comp these in with the rest of the tracks. This would be a really unique and much needed upgrade. 4 switches/channel and 4 knobs for level wouldn't take up too much real estate. Even 2 stereo busses would help. I don't need mono busses at all either.
Old 19th December 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mltamisin View Post
I don't see why we don't have a 4 stereo bus summing mixer yet. Most of us have several stereo compressors we'd like to use on say drum bus, gtr bus, vocal bus, etc. Would be nice to be able to parallel comp these in with the rest of the tracks. This would be a really unique and much needed upgrade. 4 switches/channel and 4 knobs for level wouldn't take up too much real estate. Even 2 stereo busses would help. I don't need mono busses at all either.
good idea!
Old 20th December 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mltamisin View Post
That's what the Universal Mix Control is for. You send your buss to it with the compressor on the insert and you've got parallel compression coming out. Why spend all that money on a mixer that you don't need? Plus you get parallel compression during tracking.

It amazes me that this thing hasn't caught on.
Old 20th December 2008
Lives for gear

Well the idea is catchy. The price, however, is not so much. But I do understand why it costs what it does. It's loaded with iron and discrete electronics.

Brad
Old 21st December 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad McGowan View Post
Well the idea is catchy. The price, however, is not so much. But I do understand why it costs what it does. It's loaded with iron and discrete electronics.

Brad
It's a lot cheaper than a summing mixer with aux sends.

With 4 aux sends you could do two stereo, parallel groups.

2x the cost of the UMC is less than the cost of the mini mixer.

When Wade finally admits that he's hardwired one to every compressor in his rack, maybe people will take notice.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search