The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Chandler Mixer... Picture! Warning... NOT shipping or taking orders yet... :) Consoles
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathijs View Post
I'd be very interested in the console. I understand you're very cautious about launching a new mixer in these kind of day's, but I really think it'll be a success!

Your contemporary product line is outstanding and having the possibility to listen and evaluate everybody's opinion about the 1608, 5033, Tonelux and Genesys, this console could become a hit!
Thanks! Ive started preparing some of my guys to get it back up. They groaned :-)

Germ Channel is basically done. Need to work on some other channel options for it!
W
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankovitchy View Post
well WHEN that console hits the stores i'm gonna buy it...it's that simple...been loving every single chandler unit i've tried since my very first tg channel...(currently i got the mini mixer - germ pre - germ eq - germ comp, so a full console with germ channels sounds like a pretty good idea to me...haha) so i might as well admit it right away..

hi my name is martin i'm a chandler-o-holic
Thanks man. I gues I HAVE to do it now cause somebody said they would buy one :-)
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade goeke View Post
Thanks man. I gues I HAVE to do it now cause somebody said they would buy one :-)
Hell yeah!
Old 27th October 2008
Gear Nut

Hell yes !!

Any idea of when the console will see the light of day Wade?
(a prize estimate would be great)
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hell yes !!

Any idea of when the console will see the light of day Wade?
(a prize estimate would be great)
Probably cant promise a date/price yet, but I will let you know as soon as I can!
Old 27th October 2008
Gear Nut

damn...
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
damn...
Sorry, but we are setting up the console in my office right now :-)
Old 27th October 2008
Gear Nut

Quote:
so heres where we are in slutz poll land...

2 new 500 units - yes?
Germ channel- yes?
Finish console- yes?
Super germ- yes?
Super tg- yes?

What do you want the most?

What else is on your minds. Product thoughts? Ive had people ask for a simpler form of the mini mixer etc....i have "neve-ish" product that is based on a one of a kind unit i found....on and on...

Thanks for the suggestions to all of you! Its nice to have a few friends to bounce ideas of of :-)

wade
super germ!!!!!
Super tg!!!!!!!!

Go wade!!!!!!!!!

Vs
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by visiblesound View Post
super germ!!!!!
Super tg!!!!!!!!

Go wade!!!!!!!!!

Vs
Screw it! Im just going to make everything and put it all out next week :-) :-) :-)
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

This is will be the best Halloween or Thanksgiving ever!
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
That's what I call good costumer support!
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

Finish the console
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticglobe View Post
Wade sent me this picture. I talked him into letting me post this here. heh

He stressed that this is by no means finished yet, so please don't bombard him with order requests. They are still working hard on this console and it is NOT done, and they are not taking orders yet. heh

I am not affiliated with Chandler... just a fan.

I am still drooling over this console though personally. I think it's absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Great work Wade!!!

Click on the picture to get a full size shot....

drool
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

2 new 500 units - NO

Your fronplate are so nicely designed, it's a shame to have them resized in a small 500 format !!

Germ channel- NO

Finish console- HELL YES
+ it probably means big bucks in the end :D

Super germ- NO

Super tg- YES YES
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpkyer View Post
2 new 500 units - NO

Your fronplate are so nicely designed, it's a shame to have them resized in a small 500 format !!

Germ channel- NO

Finish console- HELL YES
+ it probably means big bucks in the end :D

Super germ- NO

Super tg- YES YES
The 500s Im looking at are totally new products. I didn't want to shoe horn an existing unit into a 500 like you said.

Thanks for the votes!
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

What about putting normal faders on this thing and offer the futuristic one as an option?
Old 27th October 2008
Gear Head

Quote:
Germ Tone I basically made it into a 5 band eq. There is another mid range set.
Yes, make the Tone Control more flexible!
And please keep mastering in mind: smaller stepps (at least 1dB or less), less noise in the aktive band, more Q control (broader), more frequency choises, maybe a stereo unit...

I think some mastering engineers are interested in this (I know at least two...) because it´s a really differnt eq, which can be very helpfull for some kind of music (not for many kinds, but when it fits, it´s a killer!)

thanks.
fabian
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by matskull View Post
What about putting normal faders on this thing and offer the futuristic one as an option?
As of now we have not remade the old style faders so there might not be a choice :-(

P&G wanted $500,000 for a batch of the old style ones. STUPID!
We're looking at a gear system to replace the old mechanics but not sure how it will go.

???
Old 27th October 2008
Gear Nut

Quote:
in that case......PICTURES PLEASE
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

Wade ,

Can you make a 2-channel high shelf booster? 2 knobs - freq and +db. No cut needed. Just a simple eq to boost highs on program material or individual tracks.

Thomas
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
As of now we have not remade the old style faders so there might not be a choice :-(

P&G wanted $500,000 for a batch of the old style ones. STUPID!
We're looking at a gear system to replace the old mechanics but not sure how it will go.

???
Normal faders would have been a good option if it was actually cheaper than the futuristics one, oterwise the ones on the pic are still pretty cool looking.
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

Ill try to get some pics. Right now its pretty taken apart so I can experiment with everything.

1 band EQ. Probably not at a super cheap price. You'd need most of the stuff from a full eq. Completely passive might be possible but normally you would use a T circuit which can be complicated.
The EMI RS127 (from the Presence Filter Pack) has a switch that is something like 20 layers. It goes from the front of the unit to the back with something wired to everything....

I think faders is the only thing Im unsure of how it will be done. It would be great to offer both...
W
Old 28th October 2008
Gear Addict

Please!!!

KEEP THE STAR TREK FADERS !!!!! WITH THE LIGHTS !!!!!!
ITS THE COOLEST THING IVE EVER SEEN!!!!! LOL
Old 28th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
1 band EQ. Probably not at a super cheap price. You'd need most of the stuff from a full eq. Completely passive might be possible but normally you would use a T circuit which can be complicated.
The EMI RS127 (from the Presence Filter Pack) has a switch that is something like 20 layers. It goes from the front of the unit to the back with something wired to everything....
W
K , I see. Maybe that`s why it`s not a common design already. Thanks for answering

T
Old 28th October 2008
DRC
Lives for gear

Quote:
So heres where we are in Slutz Poll land...

2 new 500 units - Yes?
Germ Channel- Yes?
Finish console- Yes?
Super Germ- Yes?
Super TG- Yes?

What do you want the most?

What else is on your minds. Product thoughts? Ive had people ask for a simpler form of the Mini Mixer etc....I have "neve-ish" product that is based on a one of a kind unit I found....on and on...

Thanks for the suggestions to all of you! Its nice to have a few friends to bounce ideas of of :-)

Wade
I wish that the MiniMixer had direct outs and and an aux1+2. If anything it's simple enough. How much simpler can you get than a pan and level control?
Old 28th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRC View Post
I wish that the MiniMixer had direct outs and and an aux1+2.
me too! if it had direct outs and a couple sends (though 4 would be even better) it'd be great for tracking synths.

direct outs, inserts and sends would make the minimixer the answer for a lot of people
Old 28th October 2008
Gear Addict

agreed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignatius View Post
me too! if it had direct outs and a couple sends (though 4 would be even better)

direct outs, inserts and sends would make the minimixer the answer for a lot of people
Old 28th October 2008
Lives for gear

I wouldn't mind some new 500 gear stuff. Consoles seem to kill even strong companies so I'd rather go the 500 series route and build my own "console" however I want.
Old 28th October 2008
Lives for gear

Don't drop the faders! Makes the console stand out more and looks awesome.

Some pics while you're assembling the console?
Old 28th October 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignatius View Post
me too! if it had direct outs and a couple sends (though 4 would be even better) it'd be great for tracking synths.

I would buy it immediately!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search