The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Chandler Mixer... Picture! Warning... NOT shipping or taking orders yet... :) Consoles
Old 23rd October 2008
Gear Nut

Full germ channel for sure...
Old 23rd October 2008
500 series nutjob

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade goeke View Post
Well I was just talking with Pan 60 and telling him I didn't want to talk about this until it was further along but we may be getting back into 500s.

?????????????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJGoody View Post
You decided not to continue in the 500 series realm right? I was hoping for a Germ EQ in 500, but I understand why that wouldn't happen.

Oh well......
heh
Old 23rd October 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by james410 View Post
It would be very cool to see the whole Germanium family in 500 series units. They're such amazing pieces - and so reasonably priced. It would also be interesting to see channel versions of everything. TG Channel with a compressor inserted...TG 1 perhaps? And a Germanium channel as well. But trust Chandler....and Wade...to give us something amazing. He's always thinking "outside the box"...no pun intended!!!

-PJ

That does exist. There's TG gear in a modular mini format and the best part is while it function like 500 series gear it's not.

I can see taking the postion that you've already got a 500 rack, but how long until that's full. It's too bad there aren't people designing for the Mini Rack as it's far better where power is concerned.
Old 24th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well....Ive had some ideas that I thought would be better to do right now instead of "another Germanium"...

So I have been letting them rest a bit. But while I have your attention :-)
What would be cooler?
Full Germ Channel
or
Upgraded version of the Pre and Tone Control with more choices and fun stuff?

Wade
Oh! how about the option to upgrade what we may already have w/ some more choices and fun stuff.......

more choices for the eq sounds very interesting, maybe that bright switch for the pre.....

what did you have in mind, Wade?

AA
Old 26th October 2008
Gear Addict

+1 Full Germ!
I'll buy one as soon as I pay
off the dry cleaner.

The console photo caused some problems....
Old 26th October 2008
Lives for gear

HOOOOOLLYYYYY SHHHHHHH..... COW!!!!!
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

Hey Sluts-
Been looking/thinking hard about the designs of the stuff we are talking about. Germ Channel could happen pretty fast. Pretty sure its mostly done.
Ive been working on two 500 units and i want to either finish them or if I dont like them, toss 'em :-)
Them the Germ should be able to rock.

Pretty sure Ill get back on the console as well. Im going to pull it back out of the closet this week. I pretty much have the interface with the Dangerous ST worked out. Mostly at this point its about fine tuning the bussing and finishing the channels to go in there. Need to make decisions about how to manufacture the frame as well.

I really didn't think that many people would be so into another console....Its nice to hear!

Plenty of new gear coming this year :-)
Cheers
Wade
Old 27th October 2008
Gear Nut

Awesome!!!!!

Wade, you ROCK!!!! I just bought a TG2, and it is my favorite pre EVER!!!! This console might convince me to mix outside the box again!!!

Keep it up!

VS
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by visiblesound View Post
Wade, you ROCK!!!! I just bought a TG2, and it is my favorite pre EVER!!!! This console might convince me to mix outside the box again!!!

Keep it up!

VS
Ill do my best to convert you :-)
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well....Ive had some ideas that I thought would be better to do right now instead of "another Germanium"...

So I have been letting them rest a bit. But while I have your attention :-)
What would be cooler?
Full Germ Channel
or
Upgraded version of the Pre and Tone Control with more choices and fun stuff?

I really want to do the Channel in a 1RU thing instead of a big two or three rack thing.
Space is such a premium today....

Wade
I also have the TG2: it's the bees knees. Regarding the production potential above:

1. Space: whatever it takes to get the job done in a typical Chandler fashion: kicking ass from here to the heavens.

2. What would be the upgrades compared to the current Germ Pre and Germ Tone versus the possiblity of a Germ channel strip?
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntenseJim View Post
I also have the TG2: it's the bees knees. Regarding the production potential above:

1. Space: whatever it takes to get the job done in a typical Chandler fashion: kicking ass from here to the heavens.

2. What would be the upgrades compared to the current Germ Pre and Germ Tone versus the possiblity of a Germ channel strip?
Hey there-
The Germ Pre I have put all sorts of things on.
300/600/1200/2400 input impedance
7 position low cut
thick, 1/2 thick, 1/4 selectionBright and 1/ bright selection
600/150 output impedance - really helps if you like driving the Germ, turns down the ouput...
Output control - similar to old tube gear. 600 ohm attenuator. Not sure if I like this...
Hi and Med Impedance DI.

Germ Tone I basically made it into a 5 band eq. There is another mid range set.

Ive been into the idea of a "super Germ" or "Super TG" pre for a long time. Thats what all the selections up above are about...Should I add that to the list :-)
W
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Hey there-
7 position low cut
600/150 output impedance - really helps if you like driving the Germ, turns down the ouput...
Output control - similar to old tube gear. 600 ohm attenuator. Not sure if I like this...
Hi and Med Impedance DI.

Ive been into the idea of a "super Germ" or "Super TG" pre for a long time. Thats what all the selections up above are about...Should I add that to the list :-)
W
whats up Wade!

so...
can these additions be some sort of retro fit or mod for those already own the germ?
Old 27th October 2008
Gear Nut

Quote:
Hey there-
7 position low cut
Hi and Med Impedance DI.

W
BIG YES on the Super Germ and Super TG!!!!!!! I'd be onboard for both as soon as they were available. Your suggestions on the Super Germ are awesome. It would make that pre so much more versatile! It already sounds awesome!

VS
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

For me, simpler is better. The KISS rule: Keep It Simple Stupid. That's what I love about the TG2: just two knobs per channel, vary the input gain and viola`.

Hence, my .02:

Germ Pre: I'd prefer it the way it is.

Germ EQ: I don't have one yet (should change soon) but it's got enough controls that if I can't get it on with the Germ Tone Control, then one more mid control isn't going to make or break it for me or the music task, or so I imagine.
Old 27th October 2008
more knobs better... the devil is in the details

damn, now i want supergerms

godspeed, wade goeke!
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Weight View Post
whats up Wade!

so...
can these additions be some sort of retro fit or mod for those already own the germ?
Hey Isle!

I guess I should have been more clear. The "Super" pres would not replace the original Germ and TG pre. They would both be new single channel versions with everything possible on them. So upgrading wouldn't really be an option as they would be completely different units...
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

So heres where we are in Slutz Poll land...

2 new 500 units - Yes?
Germ Channel- Yes?
Finish console- Yes?
Super Germ- Yes?
Super TG- Yes?

What do you want the most?

What else is on your minds. Product thoughts? Ive had people ask for a simpler form of the Mini Mixer etc....I have "neve-ish" product that is based on a one of a kind unit I found....on and on...

Thanks for the suggestions to all of you! Its nice to have a few friends to bounce ideas of of :-)

Wade
Old 27th October 2008
Gear Maniac

finish console

or Mini Mixer with fader pack...
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

Finish console- Yes
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

Dear Wade,

1. If you're gonna go 500 series, would a TG EQ be too much to ask? No mic amp, just the lurverly EQ.

2. Console wise - an 8 channel TG sidecar with aux sends and faders maybe?

Thank you!!
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

Ok. If but if I finish the console somebody has to buy one :-)

"Basho"- TG is not really possible in the 500 without a lot of messing. Tgs run on about twice the voltage of a 500 and thats just the start. I dont think the sound would get past Abbey Road either....Sorry!
Old 27th October 2008
Gear Addict

man

all the options are great.....LOL
but as that would be my dream console id prob. be dreaming if i could afford it.....

Id say a TG 500 series pre would be great !!!!
followed by the germ channel!!!!
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ok. If but if I finish the console somebody has to buy one :-)

"Basho"- TG is not really possible in the 500 without a lot of messing. Tgs run on about twice the voltage of a 500 and thats just the start. I dont think the sound would get past Abbey Road either....Sorry!
Noooooo....

But wait! What about a stereo rack version of just the TG EQs then?

*prays*
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by basho View Post
Noooooo....

But wait! What about a stereo rack version of just the TG EQs then?

*prays*
Like two TG Channel EQs in one? Ive thought of adding more frequencies on that EQ....?
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Like two TG Channel EQs in one? Ive thought of adding more frequencies on that EQ....?
Yes yes yes, but without the mic amps? I think almost every happy TG2 owner would snap one up.... I would anyway!!!
Old 27th October 2008
Gear Maniac

Germ Channel &/OR Console~ +1 !!!
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

Yes. Point well taken!
Old 27th October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessli View Post
Germ Channel &/OR Console~ +1 !!!
Another Germ Vote :-)
Old 27th October 2008
Gear Maniac

I'd be very interested in the console. I understand you're very cautious about launching a new mixer in these kind of day's, but I really think it'll be a success!

Your contemporary product line is outstanding and having the possibility to listen and evaluate everybody's opinion about the 1608, 5033, Tonelux and Genesys, this console could become a hit!
Old 27th October 2008
Gear Nut

well WHEN that console hits the stores i'm gonna buy it...it's that simple...been loving every single chandler unit i've tried since my very first tg channel...(currently i got the mini mixer - germ pre - germ eq - germ comp, so a full console with germ channels sounds like a pretty good idea to me...haha) so i might as well admit it right away..

hi my name is martin i'm a chandler-o-holic

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search