The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Chandler Mixer... Picture! Warning... NOT shipping or taking orders yet... :) Consoles
Old 10th July 2008
Gear Maniac

Hi Wade,

Any more updates on the desk? Is there going to be something at AES this year?

The three channel options are great. And, like so may other posters, I agree, the faders HAVE to stay! "Beam me up, Wade!"

Looking forward to more news and info. Keep up the good work.

Anton
Old 11th July 2008
Gear Maniac

sexy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12th August 2008
Lives for gear

Wow that looks cool, I hope those funky faders won't raise the price though, I'd rather haver normal faders anyway so...
those are cool but a little bit too sta trek for my taste, put normal faders in there and it's mojo city!!!
Old 12th August 2008
Lives for gear
if wade's reading, it would be really cool if:

1) it had moving faders that could read/write DAW moves.
2) lego style. as big or small as you want it, customizable (with pres, without pres, more busses, less busses, more aux. sends, less aux. sends, etc.)
3) maybe in line?

just thinking out loud here... i know talk is cheap. beautiful console.
Old 12th August 2008
Lives for gear

I didn't read the entire 12 pages but does anybody know how much (approximately) it will cost?
Will it be a 50K console or something more accesible like let's say 10K?
Old 12th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by matskull View Post
I didn't read the entire 12 pages but does anybody know how much (approximately) it will cost?
Will it be a 50K console or something more accesible like let's say 10K?
by the looks of it i'dd say you'dd be lucky if you could get a 4 channel sidecar with a master section for 10k.
Old 12th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by retractablezing View Post
by the looks of it i'dd say you'dd be lucky if you could get a 4 channel sidecar with a master section for 10k.
That's what I think too...
I wish I had 70K, 50K for a console (1608 or the likes) and the rest on converters, mics, comp...etc.
Even 70K would be far from perfect, with that budget if I'd buy a console I'd still have to choose between comps or speaker, mics or acoustic treatment, hard wiring or patchbay...
I wish all the good stuff would not be so expansive, but then I think to myself that if it would be easily accesible, everybody could have a pro studio, which isn't a good thing imo.
Old 20th August 2008
Lives for gear

So, any news about this console?
Old 5th September 2008
DRC
Lives for gear

Bump.
Old 23rd October 2008
Lives for gear

just checking in to see if there's any news on this marvelous piece of kit.
Old 23rd October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by headwerkn View Post
just checking in to see if there's any news on this marvelous piece of kit.
Still in Limbo. Dont think I want to release a console todays climate????
Old 23rd October 2008
Gear Maniac

does that thing fly around and shoot lazer beams or what
Old 23rd October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonCarlston View Post
does that thing fly around and shoot lazer beams or what
That option costs extra thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
Old 23rd October 2008
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade goeke View Post
Still in Limbo. Dont think I want to release a console todays climate????
That's alright. I'll be saving til you're ready thumbsup After owning a Germ Comp there's no other console that I'd rather buy than a true Chandler's...

In fact, I was gonna go full monty with all your germ series, but decided to stay ITB until the release of your console. I know for sure that it'll be worth the wait.
Old 23rd October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessli View Post
That's alright. I'll be saving til you're ready thumbsup After owning a Germ Comp there's no other console that I'd rather buy than a true Chandler's...

In fact, I was gonna go full monty with all your germ series, but decided to stay ITB until the release of your console. I know for sure that it'll be worth the wait.
Thanks man! The Germ Comp is my favorite of our products. Glad someone agrees :-)
Old 23rd October 2008
Lives for gear

Wade,

Any news on the channel strips you've been working on?
Old 23rd October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by staudio View Post
Wade,

Any news on the channel strips you've been working on?
Well....Ive had some ideas that I thought would be better to do right now instead of "another Germanium"...

So I have been letting them rest a bit. But while I have your attention :-)
What would be cooler?
Full Germ Channel
or
Upgraded version of the Pre and Tone Control with more choices and fun stuff?

I really want to do the Channel in a 1RU thing instead of a big two or three rack thing.
Space is such a premium today....

Wade
Old 23rd October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well....Ive had some ideas that I thought would be better to do right now instead of "another Germanium"...

What would be cooler?
Full Germ Channel
or
Upgraded version of the Pre and Tone Control with more choices and fun stuff?

I really want to do the Channel in a 1RU thing instead of a big two or three rack thing.

Wade
Full Germ Channel. thanks.

I love the pre. and the Tone Control is next to godliness. So you can leave that one alone.
Old 23rd October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sui_City View Post
Full Germ Channel. thanks.

I love the pre. and the Tone Control is next to godliness. So you can leave that one alone.
Thanks. Size matter to you?
Old 23rd October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:

What would be cooler?
Full Germ Channel
or
Upgraded version of the Pre and Tone Control?

Wade
I want the "Little" channel more than a Germ channel at the moment.

I think a full Germ channel makes more sense if you are going to do another Germ unit at all. I don't have any personal Germ gear right now, so when I buy Germ, I will want a fully featured Germ strip (with independent line in/out for each section!).

Please simplify the compressor controls on the strip because the current Germ Compressor has too many, it overwhelms me with options and I find it hard to use because I can't make up my mind.

1U would be nice, but 2U would be fine as long as you include a nice big VU meter.

Thanks for all the great work you do.
Old 23rd October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by staudio View Post
I want the "Little" channel more than a Germ channel at the moment.

I think a full Germ channel makes more sense if you are going to do another Germ unit at all. I don't have any personal Germ gear right now, so when I buy Germ, I will want a fully featured Germ strip (with independent line in/out for each section!).

Please simplify the compressor controls on the strip because the current Germ Compressor has too many, it overwhelms me with options and I find it hard to use because I can't make up my mind.

1U would be nice, but 2U would be fine as long as you include a nice big VU meter.

Thanks for all the great work you do.
Thanks for the thoughts. Ive got a bunch designs floating around so it would be great to have more users tell me what they want!
Old 23rd October 2008
Lives for gear

You decided not to continue in the 500 series realm right? I was hoping for a Germ EQ in 500, but I understand why that wouldn't happen.

Oh well......
Old 23rd October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJGoody View Post
You decided not to continue in the 500 series realm right? I was hoping for a Germ EQ in 500, but I understand why that wouldn't happen.

Oh well......
Well I was just talking with Pan 60 and telling him I didn't want to talk about this until it was further along but we may be getting back into 500s.

?????????????????
Old 23rd October 2008
Gear Nut

It would be very cool to see the whole Germanium family in 500 series units. They're such amazing pieces - and so reasonably priced. It would also be interesting to see channel versions of everything. TG Channel with a compressor inserted...TG 1 perhaps? And a Germanium channel as well. But trust Chandler....and Wade...to give us something amazing. He's always thinking "outside the box"...no pun intended!!!

-PJ
Old 23rd October 2008
Deleted 6af961c
At this point, I would love to own any product made by Chandler.

Hmmm, finish my degree in audio production or buy audio gear... I hate making logical choices! Wade, maybe you should have a student discount
Old 23rd October 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well I was just talking with Pan 60 and telling him I didn't want to talk about this until it was further along but we may be getting back into 500s.

?????????????????
I was just thinking how great it would be to have a traveling pair of the 2 to 1 Mix box in my 500 rack.....

More importantly, I want Chandler to build a box that tickles my testicles, 180 degrees out of phase with each other.
Old 23rd October 2008
Lives for gear

[QUOTE=DJ

More importantly, I want Chandler to build a box that tickles my testicles, 180 degrees out of phase with each other.[/QUOTE]

That is the most funny **** Ive heard in a long time!

"moveyourshark"- Ill check on the student discount. We have done it before but I think that was plug ins...

"James" - Thanks for the comments :-). I am trying to move in new directions. I think it will turn out all good thumbsup
Old 23rd October 2008
Lives for gear

Oh man, I really want the chandler mixer... Owning pretty much the whole chandler line really makes me want to finish it off with a mixer, well really a console.
Old 23rd October 2008
Deleted 6af961c
Quote:
"moveyourshark"- Ill check on the student discount. We have done it before but I think that was plug ins...
As many good things I've heard about the Chandler/EMI plug-ins, I'd prefer to move away from the ITB trend (on a budget, I'm stuck with just that) and move to a hardware approach. It seems to be the humane thing to do

In a perfect world, add 1 Chandler Desk please

- Derek
Old 23rd October 2008
Gear Maniac

Hi Wade !

Love your work so far, every Chandler units that I've the chance to use really kick my *ss

Unfortunetely I don't have one on my own but I'll get one as soon as possible for sure (TG2 or one of the Germ, don't know yet).

Anyway, I think that a Germ channel Strip is a great idea !! Don't care about the size, really, just do it man and I'll kiss your feet

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search