The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Chandler Mixer... Picture! Warning... NOT shipping or taking orders yet... :) Consoles
Old 25th April 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade goeke View Post
I am quite worried about the price. How many people will actually spend 50k on a console ya know. Its a little worrisome to think about all the time and money to develop a desk....
50 k depending for what.

16 ch mixer and no processing.
Way over the top.
16 ch incl. mini channel (EQ+comp)?
Different storyheh

I think mic pres could be omitted (mostly people have more than needed).
Add automation as option like ShadowMix.
You should announce the concept to get responds, as many times later is too late to change something.
Old 25th April 2008
Lives for gear

How customizable will it be? I'd love to have a 24 channel board where I could maybe have 8 onboard pres, the rest line ins, 16 onboard EQs, couple of comps... like Tonelux, but not a billion dollars. Something adaptable to budgets and hybrid mixing.
Old 25th April 2008
Lives for gear

How about...

Little Orphan Abbey

?

Soundawg
Old 25th April 2008
Lives for gear
Are those freaking Davan faders??????????

I really didn't think anyone would make anything quite like that again.Now i gotta sell a boatload of rekkids....
Old 25th April 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYang View Post
50 k depending for what.

16 ch mixer and no processing.
Way over the top.
16 ch incl. mini channel (EQ+comp)?
Different storyheh

I think mic pres could be omitted (mostly people have more than needed).
Add automation as option like ShadowMix.
You should announce the concept to get responds, as many times later is too late to change something.
Well, I was just throwing out 50k because that seems to be what they are costing (or more). The idea would be to offer FULL Channels with comps and everything (with a choice between the "little Channel", GERM, and Zener Bender....
Old 25th April 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by espen askelad View Post
How customizable will it be? I'd love to have a 24 channel board where I could maybe have 8 onboard pres, the rest line ins, 16 onboard EQs, couple of comps... like Tonelux, but not a billion dollars. Something adaptable to budgets and hybrid mixing.
Im into flexibility for sure. That was the concept. Exactly how it ends up I think is hard to say right now.....?
Old 25th April 2008
Lives for gear
its my birthday today wade
Old 25th April 2008
Gear Maniac

names:

Ironman
Iron curtain
Iron Oyster
Iron Cadabra
Nativity in Iron
Electric Iron Channel
Hand of Iron
Old 25th April 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by phizix View Post
its my birthday today wade
heh
thumbsup
Old 25th April 2008
Lives for gear
Quote:
heh
thumbsup
D'you want my addy to send my gift to then?
Old 25th April 2008
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleak orange View Post
names:

Ironman
Iron curtain
Iron Oyster
Iron Cadabra
Nativity in Iron
Electric Iron Channel
Hand of Iron
better name:

George's new desk
Old 25th April 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by phizix View Post
D'you want my addy to send my gift to then?
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

:-)
Old 25th April 2008
Lives for gear

I disagree about automation, I'd say just put the time & resources into a great sounding signal path & layout.
Old 26th April 2008
Lives for gear

IMO, an in-line concept would have long legs in justifying a price.

For eg, I was looking at the API 1608 - but 50k was just too much for mixing down 16 tracks.

Had it been in-line, where I could mix 32 tracks, I wouldn't have thought twice about it. Sub grouping in the DAW to 16 stems doesn't do it for me at all. If I'm going to mix on a board, I want to mix on a board.
Old 27th April 2008
Here for the gear

any idea about the release and the range of price ?
i love chandler products and i'm looking for a console for a new studio in 3-4 months.
thanks.
Old 27th April 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kats View Post
IMO, an in-line concept would have long legs in justifying a price.

For eg, I was looking at the API 1608 - but 50k was just too much for mixing down 16 tracks.

Had it been in-line, where I could mix 32 tracks, I wouldn't have thought twice about it. Sub grouping in the DAW to 16 stems doesn't do it for me at all. If I'm going to mix on a board, I want to mix on a board.
I very much agree.....I think 50k is a lot to spend. especially when there is only a three band EQ on each channel for processing....
Old 27th April 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfishblues View Post
any idea about the release and the range of price ?
i love chandler products and i'm looking for a console for a new studio in 3-4 months.
thanks.
I really dont yet. Originally I was going to slam through it and get it out but decided a little more research and thought was in order. I did not want to rush such an intense project. Console have broken many companies over the years...

So my time has been spent making the modules it could be loaded with, "little Channel", GERM Channel, and EMI ZenerBender Channel.
Old 27th April 2008
Gear Maniac

pardon me while i put a traffic cone on my head and go sit in the corner breathing into a paper bag and counting to 100 until the urge to sell my car and liquidate my bank account subsides.

Old 27th April 2008
Gear Nut

Looks amazing Wade! Like probably everyone around here I can't wait to send the end product! GL!
Old 27th April 2008
Lives for gear

thumbsup
Old 27th April 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
So my time has been spent making the modules it could be loaded with, "little Channel", GERM Channel, and EMI ZenerBender Channel.
Are you still expecting users to be able to load the console with vertical versions of your other standard single channel rack units? I believe that was your intention at one point.
Old 27th April 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamy Williams View Post
Are you still expecting users to be able to load the console with vertical versions of your other standard single channel rack units? I believe that was your intention at one point.
ABSOLUTELY!

I want to have what ever I want right at my fingers :-)
Old 27th April 2008
Lives for gear

Could we please please PLEASE have a TG module with just the line amp / EQ? I think most of us are already covered in the mic pre dept.
Old 27th April 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by basho View Post
Could we please please PLEASE have a TG module with just the line amp / EQ? I think most of us are already covered in the mic pre dept.
You mean for the console right?

We will be trying to offer a variety. I acquired a Neve frame and have been building EQ (experimental designs) only modules for it. So I definitely understand where your coming from....
Old 27th April 2008
Lives for gear

how about calling the "little" channel -> "tone channel"?
Old 4th May 2008
Lives for gear

Looks stunning Wade. If a fraction of the gearlust hysteria here results in sales you should be set for life!

Sadly there's no way I'll ever be able to afford such a beast... which got me thinking... those faders are so freakin' cool, just having one bolted to my work desk controlling say my Mac's output would be almost as much fun... seriously I doubt I'd ever get bored of it.

Anyway, in all seriousness, are those Paiton faders available anywhere for sale these days? I know Wade mentioned tooling costs, so maybe they're bespoke, but I thought I'd ask ;-)

Last edited by headwerkn; 4th May 2008 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: grammatical brain fade....
Old 4th May 2008
Gear Nut

thumbsup

You'll get no complaints from the trombone section, Wade. That thing is freakin' HOT.
Old 5th May 2008
Lives for gear

please keep the faders, that is revolutionary and essential.

back to my original thoughts: WOAH!...WOAH ****ING WOOOOOAAAAH!
Old 5th May 2008
Lives for gear

second thoughts:

I like digital, so maybe you could make something like a mixing desk/ADconverter/desk with the cool Faders...That would be a huge hit and success, and would gladly buy along with anyone else here using digital
Old 5th May 2008
Lives for gear

If I were a more experienced analog electrical engineer I'd offer my consulting services to help further the process, lol. Just a regular EE waiting along with all the other slutz!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search