The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Chandler Mixer... Picture! Warning... NOT shipping or taking orders yet... :) Consoles
Old 12th October 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84K View Post
We cancelled the API 1608 for your sidecar. So, please, git-r-done.

Neve, too
Old 3rd February 2008
Lives for gear

windowshopper bump
Old 3rd February 2008
Lives for gear

Yes I never saw the original photo. Put some V72's in this sucker!!! MAke it a REDD Desk TG Console Combo!!! JK That'd be expensive lol....If you make a 16 track, I'll buy one
Old 4th February 2008
Lives for gear

I didn't see the original picture either. Any news on this?

Ed
Old 8th February 2008
Lives for gear

Sorry guys. I accidently deleted those pics off my server. They are restored now.... the pictures on the OP are now visable again. heh

Yeah...so, uh Wade..... what's the latest??? heh heh heh
Old 8th February 2008
Lives for gear

Late to the party here, but let me say -

WE ARE NOT WORTHY!!!!!!!!

What a great looking thing that is.
Old 10th February 2008
Gear Maniac

Console idea for Wade...

I had an thought for the fader design. How about several LEDs of differing colors, maybe 4 or 5, and the ability to assign a color to individual faders or entire groups? That way, there is a visual indicator of groupings by color simply at a glance. The color would clearly be seen through the clear lexan . Even if the fader were to be a traditional fader, a clear window could be used to provide group indicators. Maybe mute groups, maybe subgroups, who knows... Any thoughts from others?
Old 10th February 2008
Gear Maniac

oh mama

I just saw the pic...

stunning, incomparable, its off the scale,...beauty and brains

I wish I had a facility and the workload
Old 10th February 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCrunch View Post
I had an thought for the fader design. How about several LEDs of differing colors, maybe 4 or 5, and the ability to assign a color to individual faders or entire groups? That way, there is a visual indicator of groupings by color simply at a glance. The color would clearly be seen through the clear lexan . Even if the fader were to be a traditional fader, a clear window could be used to provide group indicators. Maybe mute groups, maybe subgroups, who knows... Any thoughts from others?
Yes.
Old 11th February 2008
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCrunch View Post
I like that idea. A bit like how the Korg Zero8 works with the knobs, just better.
Old 11th February 2008
Lives for gear

The world as we know it.... is coming to an end.

(and Thank God for that.... )

Just beautiful Wade... Afraid to hear the cost though....
Old 11th February 2008
Lives for gear

Not knowing where the fader/daw controller concept stands at this point ............

Woudn't the euphonix thingy (announced at namm) really be the deal to go with this board.
Let the board be an analog board and just figure out how to make space for the euphonix faders to sit either in front of or just above the analog faders.
I can't imagine that Chandler could ramp up production on a daw fader system at anywhere near the price of the euphonix not to mention the new euphonix automation standard seems to be taking hold of the market quickly.

Seems like a match made in heaven.
24 channel chandler board .......
euphonix boxes to control the daw(s) ......
Old 24th April 2008
Gear Maniac

Bump! Had to look at it again!

Any updated info, Wade?

Anton
Old 24th April 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonbuys View Post
Bump! Had to look at it again!

Any updated info, Wade?

Anton
Howdy-
Ive been working on the modules that will potentially go into the desk as I think about desk layout. Germ Channel, ZenerBender, and a little mini channel that is pre/di/filter/hi lo eq/simple comp at a great price (still thinking of a name)....

Rock on,
Wade
Old 24th April 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade goeke View Post
Howdy-
Ive been working on the modules that will potentially go into the desk as I think about desk layout. Germ Channel, ZenerBender, and a little mini channel that is pre/di/filter/hi lo eq/simple comp at a great price (still thinking of a name)....

Rock on,
Wade
Great, but any idea when it will be available
Old 24th April 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYang View Post
Great, but any idea when it will be available
The console or the modules?
Old 24th April 2008
Gear Nut

Groundbreaking!!
Old 24th April 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
The console or the modules?
Don't tease us Wade heh
Old 24th April 2008
Gear Addict

Quote:
Howdy-

Rock on,
Wade
The mini channel sounds like a great idea!! Any info about availability, price, size??
Old 24th April 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Howdy-

Rock on,
Wade
How about "Useful Channel"?

Brad
Old 24th April 2008
Lives for gear

Wade, that's so beautiful we don't even have to bother making the record sound good.
Old 24th April 2008
Gear Nut

>still thinking of a name)<

The OMG console..
Old 24th April 2008
I can't wait to see new pictures of this beautiful beast! I CAN wait for the price though...
Old 24th April 2008
Lives for gear
I hope there's a 24 channel option....
Old 25th April 2008
Lives for gear

...and I'm spent!
Old 25th April 2008
Gear Maniac

Name game...

Quote:
Howdy-

Rock on,
Wade

So, any prizes for the winning name submission?heh

"Chandler Mini Strip"
"Mini Germ"
"EMI Mini"
"Little Abbey Road"
"Wayne's Little Treasure"

And, yes, we want to know availability of strips/modules and also, of course, THE DESK.

Mind you, that would be a good name for it! Chandler - THE DESK!

Anton
Old 25th April 2008
Lives for gear

are those Payton faders...are they still available ??
Old 25th April 2008
Gear Addict

More info on the mini channel!!
What about mini me?

And for the dest, I think "The Beast" would describe it pretty well..
Old 25th April 2008
Lives for gear

MINI Channel-
Well the little mini channel is based on amplifiers similar (but not exactly the same) to a 1081 or 31105 so EMI or Germ wont work in the title :-(

It might be fun to do a naming contest but Im still kicking a few things around so it might be premature to get into that...

Console-
The Painton faders are not available. We are looking into remaking them but do not have a final result yet.
As mentioned I am quite worried about the price. How many people will actually spend 50k on a console ya know. Its a little worrisome to think about all the time and money to develop a desk....
Old 25th April 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToneRanger View Post
More info on the mini channel!!
What about mini me?

And for the dest, I think "The Beast" would describe it pretty well..
Mini Me is funny :-)

The Little Channel has me really happy. The sound is very nice, being completely discrete and transformer balanced, with just the right features to track about anything (and not break the bank). It is essentially built with rare "N" amps that I found in a custom shop thing they did....Neat little package and sounds different than our other lines.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search