The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Did your CM7gt come with a carrying case? Mine didn't! :( Condenser Microphones
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

Did your CM7gt come with a carrying case? Mine didn't! :(

I just got my Wunder CM7 GT from my dealer and the mic (wooden box), power supply, cables were just shipped in a box all wrapped up with bubble wrap but... I was really surprised it didn't come in a carrying case.

In the same shipment, I also recieved a Manley Black that shipped in their usual black briefcase type carrying case. My Manley Gold sits in a case, Brauner sits in one as well as do most of my other LD mics but the Wunder just came in a regular cardboard box.

So how am I to carry it to sessions? I really like having my mics in their cases for (1) when I'm not using them -- helps keep the cables/power supply/everything all in one place so it doesn't get misplaced, and (2) easier to take to outside sessions when I'm recording (which I do alot).

What I'd like to know from other owners is, did you get it like this as well? Or did my dealer take them out and pack them into a box himself?

If it doesn't, may I suggest to Wunder here publicly that we get one? That would be really nice and I'd really appreciate it! thumbsup
Old 3rd September 2007
Gear Maniac

Just go get a pelican case. It'll protect your mics better than any other case that you could get.
Old 3rd September 2007
So far none of the Wunder GT's have come with cases, so it's not just yours.
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Don't feel bad, even those of us who have the CM7 don't get a carrying case either - and it costs twice as much! Oh well, I've been inspired by Rob King's custom cases, so I'm about to embark on my own DIY project ;p
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Addict

I hate to change the subject to something more mundane, but how do you like the mic? What capsule did you get? Descriptions, opinions, comparisons to the other mic's you own, etc, and samples are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search