The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
EMI 24 Channel TG1 for sale Channel Strip Plugins
Old 3rd September 2007
Gear Maniac

EMI 24 Channel TG1 for sale

Anyone seen this? What do think it will go for?

EMI 24 Channel TGI Console (used)

MWP
Old 3rd September 2007
Gear Addict

nice console! alot for a 24 channel desk.
Old 3rd September 2007
Gear Guru

d'oh.

gregoire
del
ubk
Old 3rd September 2007

Yeah, add that to my shopping cart please.
And can I have one of the EMI tube consoles too?
Thank you.

Hey, a guy's gotta dream.
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

They are asking $250k for it
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

At least you wont have to pay the waves update plan if you get it.
Old 3rd September 2007

madness.

when you think how much Liam paid for his Redd 17 at Toe Rag. 250k is just daft.
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

And when you see how much a 59 Les Paul goes for, they are bargains...
Old 3rd September 2007
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by numrologst View Post
They are asking $250k for it

Aint worth it! Just think of what gear can be bought for 250K!!!!!
Old 3rd September 2007
Gear Addict

We just asked VK about this one last week, and are waiting for some more detailed information.

Yet we're hesitating too. With this price you can buy a SSL Duality or AWS900 with much more modern features, and can handle almost all kind of music style from various clients.

But on the other hand, what gearslutz are we to pass on a TG Console?! We can always have the whole band in the control room for manual-mation.... mm mm mm m mm mm
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

alot of money..BUT GOD would I love to have that console.
Old 3rd September 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
Aint worth it! Just think of what gear can be bought for 250K!!!!!

but try to imagine you already have that other gear, AND you got another $250k to blow. *that's* who's gonna buy this desk.

there are people for whom money simply is not an issue, all that matters is whether the item meets their needs or fulfills their desires. on the one hand, i'm pretty sure i'd love to be in that position. on the other hand, i'm not sure i'd like to be in that position.

i suppose there's only one way to find out...

gregoire
del
ubk
Old 3rd September 2007
Gear Addict

yum
Old 3rd September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by u b k View Post
but try to imagine you already have that other gear, AND you got another $250k to blow. *that's* who's gonna buy this desk.

there are people for whom money simply is not an issue, all that matters is whether the item meets their needs or fulfills their desires. on the one hand, i'm pretty sure i'd love to be in that position. on the other hand, i'm not sure i'd like to be in that position.

i suppose there's only one way to find out...

gregoire
del
ubk
Yup. Also, if you have the right studio already... being able to boast that you have a console identical to what some of the beatles records were cut on... that can bring in a lot of business.

Cuz let's face it... as long as you have pro gear... after that, the reasons people actually book time with you are the other 65% to 75% of the equation.
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticglobe View Post
Cuz let's face it... as long as you have pro gear... after that, the reasons people actually book time with you are the other 65% to 75% of the equation.

ain't no getting around that one!

gregoire
del
ubk
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

I'm the 5th Beatle man I'm such a fan...but I wouldn't spend 50k on that board. Hell you could hire back the EMI staff and build 4-5 of those consoles for $250k.
The longer I'm in this bizz, the more horse$hit I witness. People already paid $30k for a fairchild only to realise.."hey It didn't make me sound like the beatles."
The fact that you can buy MCI's for $2500-8000 that recorded waaaaaaaaaaayyyyy more gold records than that console ever dreamed about and this console is $250K shows me how stupid some people can be.
I love the Beatles and floyd etc..but come on this is simply stupid. I think some people have the idea that they will be closer to the 4 great ones if you buy this stuff. All the brokers are laughing all the way to the bank.

Let me make this clear to you all....... IF YOU BUY THIS BOARD....YOU WILL NOT.... BE....RINGO....PAUL....GEORGE.....(MARTIN OR HARRISON)....OR JOHN. You'll just be the guy that spend way to much money for a console and in a few years....you'll be looking for another sucker...just like the guy selling this board is. The only money this board probably made for the guy selling it..is the money he's gonna make from selling it. I doubt the stones or mcCartney ever said "oh hey..let's go to so and so's place....he has a TG board."
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Nut

It's up for sale with several dealers around the world, not just VK.
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by studio1117 View Post
I'm the 5th Beatle man I'm such a fan...but I wouldn't spend 50k on that board. Hell you could hire back the EMI staff and build 4-5 of those consoles for $250k.
The longer I'm in this bizz, the more horse$hit I witness. People already paid $30k for a fairchild only to realise.."hey It didn't make me sound like the beatles."
The fact that you can buy MCI's for $2500-8000 that recorded waaaaaaaaaaayyyyy more gold records than that console ever dreamed about and this console is $250K shows me how stupid some people can be.
I love the Beatles and floyd etc..but come on this is simply stupid. I think some people have the idea that they will be closer to the 4 great ones if you buy this stuff. All the brokers are laughing all the way to the bank.

Let me make this clear to you all....... IF YOU BUY THIS BOARD....YOU WILL NOT.... BE....RINGO....PAUL....GEORGE.....(MARTIN OR HARRISON)....OR JOHN. You'll just be the guy that spend way to much money for a console and in a few years....you'll be looking for another sucker...just like the guy selling this board is. The only money this board probably made for the guy selling it..is the money he's gonna make from selling it. I doubt the stones or mcCartney ever said "oh hey..let's go to so and so's place....he has a TG board."
I totally agree with your sentiments BUT if you have a few million in the bank and want to have something nice and cool in your studio, it's really not a problem. Some people don't need to choose. They can have it all
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Yeah true, but if somebody has that kind of money..they didn't make it in this line of work probably and should get out and leave the good record makin' to us po' folks.
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah true, but if somebody has that kind of money..they didn't make it in this line of work probably and should get out and leave the good record makin' to us po' folks.
hang on....that's why I'm in this line of work.....are you telling me it doesn't end up in a big pile of cash and bouncing babes???
If not, I want a refund
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Guru

Looks like a nice trust fund purchase.
F*ck that.
for less than half that,i'll take an 8058/68.
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlmorley View Post
hang on....that's why I'm in this line of work.....are you telling me it doesn't end up in a big pile of cash and bouncing babes???
If not, I want a refund
heh
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

I just recorded a drum session on one of those last month (in Brazil) its beautiful. Only 14 ... I guess that if you want to feel special and u have the spare cash ... (I know i would, but first haggle them to half price )
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryschien View Post
We just asked VK about this one last week, and are waiting for some more detailed information.

Yet we're hesitating too. With this price you can buy a SSL Duality or AWS900 with much more modern features, and can handle almost all kind of music style from various clients.

But on the other hand, what gearslutz are we to pass on a TG Console?! We can always have the whole band in the control room for manual-mation.... mm mm mm m mm mm
Naw, Arys, forget about it!

It's just a technical nightmare to keep running as is any old console. Just get a modern SSL (for the music you're doing, it's the best choice). Also since you've got tons of Chandler (TG), just use that to add some of that flavor. But for a console, you really need modern features, recall/automation/monitoring/etc.
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:

Tell that to Lenny Kravitz. He bought one... actually I think it was the one the Beatles actually used (could be wrong). I have heard him talking about. He says he get's a lot of inspiration from that knowledge. So... maybe sonically it's not worth that money... but if you have a lot of cash... and you want the nostalgia every day that you are working on music.... maybe it's not so much money.

It's all relative ya know..... what is a lot of money to some.... is lunch money to another....
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Head

Amazing bit of kit. If I had mega money to blow I'd get it, but sadly I don't!

I had a go once on the EMI Mobile Unit at 2khz studios in London, and it was a great experience.

Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Lenny Kravitz Inspiration.....He hasn't put an album out in like 10 years..and that one yielded a minor hit. I guess the inspiration ain't THAT great.

Honestly, I hear what you are saying, items can be an inspiration. I just had a band tell me that recording on tape gives them that sensation..so I guess on that note...maybe. But, come on, $250k my whole studio didn't cost that much...building and all and we make some darn fine music here. I guess if you have to spend $250k to get inspiration...maybe you should find a different field of work. 'cause it sounds to me like maybe your creative side ought to be let off of the life support machine.
Old 4th September 2007
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MPCist View Post
Naw, Arys, forget about it!

It's just a technical nightmare to keep running as is any old console. Just get a modern SSL (for the music you're doing, it's the best choice). Also since you've got tons of Chandler (TG), just use that to add some of that flavor. But for a console, you really need modern features, recall/automation/monitoring/etc.
Well, if it's not going to be me that pays the bill.... Yet in case the "money man" withdraws, I agree it should be a SSL like yours, MPCist.

By the way, of course we're not considering this board just because we thought we'd become the Big Four just by doing so.

Some people are stupid, but not all. tutt
Old 4th September 2007
Lives for gear

Such a deal

I believe it's Mike Hedge's console...+?
And I was told $196,000.00
Such a deal~!
Old 5th September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryschien View Post
Well, if it's not going to be me that pays the bill.... Yet in case the "money man" withdraws, I agree it should be a SSL like yours, MPCist.

By the way, of course we're not considering this board just because we thought we'd become the Big Four just by doing so.

Some people are stupid, but not all. tutt
Well, if there's a money man' involved, get the Duality! heh heh
Or how about getting the new Chandler console?! It's similar to the EMI and brandnew! That is, when it ships.

The only concern that I would hav about this board is the age factor but other than that, who doesn't want a Big Four console?! heh heh At least it would be inspiring and that does help pay bills.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search