The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Double Kick Mic Help!
Old 7th November 2002
Gear Maniac

Double Kick Mic Help!

Hey everyone,

I'm new to this forum and somewhat new in general. I'm reading alot about people putting one kick mic inside the drum, and the other right outside the port. In my case I have a Beta 91 I sit on a pillow and I'd like to add a 421 outside the port to the mix. How do I prevent phasing on this? I know this is probably a simple question but I appreciate your time.

Jon
Old 7th November 2002
One with big hooves

It's impossible to get them 100% in phase but you can get really close. Start with the inside mic and get a level on that. Then open up the channel for the outside mic and bring that up to the same level. Now, listen to both mics. If the sound gets thinner the mics are out of phase and you need to either move the outside mic around or flip the phase on that mic. Either way you should try moving the outside mic around to get the best sound out of the drum.
Old 9th November 2002
member no 666

Do what Jay said... then get yourself a Littlelabs "IBP" and you should find the mighty kik tone of your wildest dreams... or start over.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search