The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Opinions on Control Surfaces for Pro Tools HD! Control Surfaces
Old 1st September 2007
Gear Head

Opinions on Control Surfaces for Pro Tools HD!

I am getting ready to purchase a control surface for Pro Tools HD. Just wondering if there is anything I shouldn't buy or if anyone has used them all and has some input for me. I am thinking about either a control 24 or a Pro control. The new D-command is probably to expensive. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 1st September 2007
Lives for gear

If the C24 is on your list, wait until AES to see 'what Digidesign has in store'......
Old 1st September 2007
Gear Head

Your killing me man....What are they coming out with???Can you send me a link or something??? C'mon C'mon C'mon I can't take it!!!https://www.gearslutz.com/board/images/smilies/good/bouncy.gif
Old 1st September 2007
Lives for gear

A 10K control 24 replacement, i was hyped about it but damn 10K?
Old 1st September 2007
Gear Head

Any pics or links to this thing?
Old 1st September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuc647 View Post
A 10K control 24 replacement, i was hyped about it but damn 10K?
Yeah, but compared to the D-command/D-control, it's way less. Also, it's retail so we'll see what the street pricing will be.

Look on the bright side, after this comes out, the control 24 will be even cheaper as a secondhand option!
Old 1st September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The MPCist View Post
Look on the bright side, after this comes out, the control 24 will be even cheaper as a secondhand option!
Yeah, I'll sell you mine.

The only thing that's used are the faders, pan pots and aux sends. The rest of it is untouched!
Old 2nd September 2007
Gear Maniac

When is this replacement going to be released?
Old 2nd September 2007
Gear Addict

i've been working at a studio lately with a control 24. it was a complete waste of money according to the owner. he only uses it for the faders. You might as well buy a command 8. the pres suck too. .

if you like the focusrite platinum series pres than get one. you can find them in the FOR SALE section. one just sold for $3,500.
Old 2nd September 2007
Gear Addict

instead of getting a 10k control surface i'd get the $800 command 8 and a handful of preamps and outboard.
Old 2nd September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by walth View Post
i've been working at a studio lately with a control 24. it was a complete waste of money according to the owner. he only uses it for the faders. You might as well buy a command 8. the pres suck too. .

if you like the focusrite platinum series pres than get one. you can find them in the FOR SALE section. one just sold for $3,500.
FWIW, I've used the Icon and AWS900 in the same manner, mostly faders, pans, solo, and mute... oh yeah, plus the transport.

For me that's all I need in a controller. As far as plugins and other stuff, I still prefer to use the mouse.

I'd be really looking at this new controller pretty hard since I would like go get a controller but not spend major bucks on an Icon. The new one seems to be priced right. We'll see....
Old 2nd September 2007
Gear Maniac

IF you can find a cheap 2 hand Pro Control... Probably just a habit, but I still find it the fastest controller for Pro Tools. (if you forget about those dreadful black turning knobs).

The ICON/D-command line will give you lots more possibilities, but you really have to get to know the thing before it gets handy. It does have some great features though, like the touch sensitive pots you can just tap for automation to pop up. I still find it very expensive for just being a controller. And oh yeah, I think it is really ugly
Old 2nd September 2007
Lives for gear

i will get the second hand 24 when they all go up for sale, just a lil worried for how much longer will parts be available, if the C24 would come out at like 7500, then i would grab itheh

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search