The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
I need a lil bit of advice. Drum Machines & Samplers
Old 31st August 2007
Here for the gear

I need a lil bit of advice.

I am purchasing $50,000 in equipment in a few days. For the most part I have made my decision on what it is I want, yet I'm stuck on one thing. I rap, engineer and produce, and I have multiple pieces of equipment(such as MPC 3000, MV 8000, Motif ES, etc) running through a 12 channel Behringer rack mixer. I want to get every one of my pieces to run through my Vintech 1272 but I want them to come from one source then into the 1272. what is the "cleanest" way of doing this. Keep in mind I want to be able to have all my sound sources running through the 1272 (I'll solo each track seperately) then from there run it to my HD system.

Thanks in advance
Old 1st September 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viziter View Post
I am purchasing $50,000 in equipment in a few days. For the most part I have made my decision on what it is I want, yet I'm stuck on one thing. I rap, engineer and produce, and I have multiple pieces of equipment(such as MPC 3000, MV 8000, Motif ES, etc) running through a 12 channel Behringer rack mixer. I want to get every one of my pieces to run through my Vintech 1272 but I want them to come from one source then into the 1272. what is the "cleanest" way of doing this. Keep in mind I want to be able to have all my sound sources running through the 1272 (I'll solo each track seperately) then from there run it to my HD system.

Thanks in advance
you send a payment to my paypal accout for 5k and i'll come down and help you out
Old 1st September 2007
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viziter View Post
I want to get every one of my pieces to run through my Vintech 1272 but I want them to come from one source then into the 1272.

your verbiage is confusing, but it sounds like a patchbay is what you're after. have every piece of gear wired into the bay (including the 1272), and have each sound source normalled to an input on your console. when you want to record a piece of kit, no need to solo, just patch it into the 1272. one little cable gets you where you want to go.

make sense?

gregoire
del
ubk
Old 2nd September 2007
Lives for gear

If you have 50K to spend on equipment, then you should ditch the Behringer. Also, a patchbay sounds like what you need. That will give you the ability to route your equipment into your Vintech.
Old 2nd September 2007
Gear Addict

get one of tony belmont's famous 24 channel DI boxes for synths. It will handle your drum box/synth needs. EVEN The neptunes use them.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search