The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
pro tool digital hd 192 Multi-Channel Preamps
Old 31st August 2007

pro tool digital hd 192

im confused about the hd192 digital,, how would you hook it up to a console if its aes/ebu and adat, there are no analog cards , I know it hooks up to the hd core card by the primary port though.
Old 31st August 2007
Lives for gear

You really need to do more research before you go dropping money on this stuff. There are two different 192 interfaces. An analog one and a digital one. You'd want the analog one.
Old 31st August 2007

what application would you use the hd192 digital in then, thanks
Old 31st August 2007
Lives for gear

If you had preamps with digital outs for example.
Old 31st August 2007

so its basically for a digital console?
Old 31st August 2007
Lives for gear

Well I can't say much about it but my basic knowledge, that pretty much anyone can get by reading for a few minutes. I'm assuming you can interface it with just about anything with digital i/o. For example you could get a Focusrite ISA428 with the digital card and have 4 preamps and 4 analog in's going into the 192 via adat lightpipe.
Old 31st August 2007
Lives for gear

Hi,
I´ve got one 192 I/O Digital here. Pretty good interface, it is connected to my digital boards, the 02R96 and the 01V96.

This interface provides a maximum 32 I/O: 16 outs from the main ports, 16 from the legacy port, where you may connect 888/24s, 1 adat bdrige, 882/20, etc.

You may also choose ( ) expansion port (8 I/o of Adats) or ( ) Legacy (16 i/o Adats)

If you are not using the legacy port, in fact you end up with an I/o of 24, Main Adat Ports 1, 2 plus the additional expansion port.

If you decide to use the remaining 16I/o from the legacy port, the additional expansion port adat outs can not be utilized.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search