The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
BAE power supplies Other Modular Audio Processors
Old 30th August 2007
Gear Addict

BAE power supplies

Does anyone know if the BAE 312A and 1272 use the same power supply? I'm looking at a 312A single channel and would like to add a 1272 later if they can share the ps to save a ew dollars. I got home too late to call them. Thanks.
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

They do not. I believe the Neve is +24 volts and the API is +15-15 I have a 6space lunch box and a stereo 1272 and they cannot use the same supply.

Good Luck
Michael Greene
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

does anybody know if one power supply is able to handle 2 racks ? It has 2 outputs ..

I have the 6 slot BAE rack with the PSU (inc +48). the first one is loaded with pres and I am about to add another 6 slot rack to house some eq/comps - will I need another PSU ot the one will able to handle it ?
Old 30th August 2007
Gear Addict

Bae Power supplies are meant for the same devices. You cannot power an Api and a Neve rack off the same p/s. It has to be two similar units.
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

Different rails.
One supply per rack. I think there is a old post from Avedis that explains the pwr supplies.
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyd View Post
Different rails.
One supply per rack. I think there is a old post from Avedis that explains the pwr supplies.
That is correct. I think the 6 space lunchbox uses or at least used the same power supply as the original 2 channel BAE/API mic pre. It will power 1 lunch box or 2 2 channel pre's but it doesn't have quite enough juice to run 2 6 space lunchboxes.

Michael Greene
Old 30th August 2007
Gear Addict

Guys, I'm not sure where we got off track but I am asking specifically about a BAE 312A single channel and a BAE 1272 single channel, both rack mount uints. This has nothing to do with other brands or lunchboxes. Are we all talking about the same thing? Or are you saying since one is a Neve clone and one is an API clone they need different power supplies? Just pretend I'm stupid and explain it the way my wife would.
Old 30th August 2007
Dan
Lives for gear

I'll explain it like your wife:

Honey, they're two different things. They need different power supplies.

Feel better now?
Old 31st August 2007
Gear Addict

Yeah, I feel right at home. She's from TX too. Must be in the water. Speaking of water, man, send some rain our way. I hear you have plenty this year.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search