The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Insurance
Old 29th August 2007
Insurance

Can anyone recommend a good insurance company to cover gear and instruments?
Old 29th August 2007

Mike,
I've had my gear and instruments insured for 30+ years through an independent agent. Until recently the actual policy was issued by McGhee Maritime Ins. but has been purchased by Firemans Fund Ins.
I use a policy that covers gear at current replacement value without depreciation and costs me $2300 a year for about $230,000 coverage. It's about 40% cheaper if you don't go for replacement value, but that leaves you open to negotiation if you have a claim.
Old 29th August 2007
Gear Addict

Anyone in the UK have a tip off for insurance.

K
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

Insure studio and personal equipment with Rollinson Smith

Helm Group Business Insurance Solutions

Used to use Helm 12 years ago but I do not know if they still provide cover. . . .
Old 29th August 2007
Lives for gear

I have this:

MusicPro Insurance

Inexpensive, and lets me sleep easier.

I haven't had to use it yet, so I can't comment on how great they are when it comes down to the worst-case scenario.

About $100 per $10k of insurance.
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

depending on how much u wanna insure but i have renters insurance from statefarm and pretty cheap and covers a lot. but thats in a home studio/renting scenario.
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear

Use Joe Monterello and the Studio insurance program. THE ONLY studio insurance program to cover intellectual property rights. Developed by a recording musician for the recording industry. Joe worked two years at putting this program together to be the most comprehensive. Anyone around the Trade Centers when they got hit were sure glad they had Joe's program. They got paid (some for months on end) while they couldn't even get to their studios.

I've had Zurich and the Studio program over my life time (prices are competitive) but the Studio Insurance program covers way more.
Old 30th August 2007
Lives for gear
From my understanding, State Farm home owner's insurance - or any home owners insurance - will not cover home studio equipment.
Old 30th August 2007
Here for the gear

the base policy won't cover anything that you use professionally (or even semi-pro) but you can add a rider to your policy that is pretty cheap for the amount in even a decent home studio. I have done that in the past for my live bass rig and PA/recording equipment.
Old 30th August 2007
member no 666

We use a company called "Arts and Entertainment Insurance" [+1] 800-347-3343... they can even insure "master tapes" if you want them insured.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search