The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Pro Tools front end Condenser Microphones
Old 28th August 2007
Gear Head

Pro Tools front end

Be glad of advice on a good channel strip to front end a PT HD 7.3 system. I have a Neumann TLM103 and Avalon M5 - and find them a tad dry and lifeless so would not mind some EQ and compression on the way in. Thinking of UA LA 610 or Avalon 737 or.....?
Old 28th August 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmiller View Post
Be glad of advice on a good channel strip to front end a PT HD 7.3 system. I have a Neumann TLM103 and Avalon M5 - and find them a tad dry and lifeless so would not mind some EQ and compression on the way in. Thinking of UA LA 610 or Avalon 737 or.....?
I'd get a better mic! A soundelux U195 would be a cheap and noticeable upgrade. A second AT4060 is another good choice!
Old 28th August 2007
member no 666

The Chandler TG Channel is one of the best methods I've ever found to breathe some life into a TLM-103... and a whole lot of other things as well.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search